Update on Lazydays RV Center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unlike in Tampa where CW has the exclusive franchise for RV aftermarket accessories on the site, the Tucson contract with CW allows Lazydays to have their own retail store for accessories. From what I understand they are starting small with a selection of the most popular items, but it could expand if well-received. Take a look when you are there and let the rest of us know what sorts of things they are carrying.

The new lobby and exterior ought to be finished by the time you get there, so maybe you could post some photos as well.

Getting ready to take some photos.

Campground very nice, not much shade, but I am appreciating warm sun right now.

The campground office is very southwest, stucco etc.  breakfast on the patio, real nice buffet, $3.95.  Lunch and dinner in the Florizona Grille.  Had lunch there Tuesday, excellent menuu and our choices were delicious.  3 if us with tip around $20.  Jolene had a great tortilla soup and a veggie fillo, son had turkey BLT and I had the special a haddock sandwich, possibly the best combination I have ever had.  Tomorrow is prime rib night, we will miss that, but the Dicks will be here for it.

Sites, if you were ever here in the Beaudry config are the same.  The hot tubs were stollen while it was closed, but will be replaced I was told.  Not huge, but better than many we have stayed in, and very clean.  Put ypur trash out near road, it is gone within 30 minutes.  Coffee and newspapers at the office.  No charge.

When we arrived they weere setting the new security shacks in place.  Just plywood, but by end of second day they were ready for stucco, today they are all stucco'd, guess in another day they will be painted and set. 

Service.  I had my Westy in for tire swap, take off the studded snows and replace with regular tires, (all on rims), in and out in about 30 minutes.  I needed a sat crank for my WInegard manual dish.  Stopped in Tues PM and they would order, when I stopped in Weds AM jokingly asked if my part was in, they picked it up and handed it to me.  Needed a replacement gas strut for one of my bays, it was in stock. 

Went to sales, the new sales or newly redesigned sales lobby is cool, including a restored older eep with a Teardrop hooked up.  You walk thru the lobby to get to the sales lot, but you don't have to go with a salesman, you can wander alone.  Of course you will occasionally be asked if you have questions.  Not annoyingly though.  Some guys from Tampa are here, some new guys.  Some Ex-Beaudry, but they are being taught the Lazy Days Way. 

Exremely pleasant experience!  Now, I am sliightly jaded because I worked for LD in Tampa, seeing some old friends etc, getting hugs...  However, watching the pattern around regular customers and the new guys that do not know me, this is a good place.

Now,,,,  on the website there is a tab for 'learn more', when you click on it, you can pprint a coupon for 2 free nights camping.  I was at the desk when a couple came in, no reservations, had just had a not great experience elsewhere.  Jelayne at the desk told them about the free 2 nights and signed them up for it. 

Facilities,,,  2 landry rooms, all new machines.  Will take quarters OR a debit/credit card. Load the machine, go to the card reader, put in card, punch the washer number on it, and away it goes.  If you follow the text message instructions, the center sends a text when the load is done.    2 pools, both with jacuzzis, might try them this afternoon.  Or when I return from VA. 

One caveat, you are between Davis Monthan and Tucson airport, also some tracks.  There is occasional noise.  Not bad though.

Definitely on our we gotta stay here again list.  No age discrimination either!   

As to the LD retail store, that has not started up yet, they are working on what to carry. 

I scheduled my coach to go in for some service while I am gone, very easy.  In fact I have to finish that up this afternoon!  Need to drop my keys and claim number for windshield. 

All for now, too nice out to sit at keyboard!

Bill,

This is a very good report and assessment of the Tucson Lazydays RV Park.

Even though we are Tucsonans, we stayed here, the first week of October, on our way back home from the East Coast. Since my DH had a full week of appointments scheduled at the VA Medical Center, we decided that it is so much closer and more convenient for us to just stay here at Lazydays, than have to do all the driving back and forth, from the Oro Valley area.

Mariekie

Photos will wait for my return unless Jim posts some.  Ran out of time yesterday, will be dark when I leave for airport.

Just talked with Jim & Pat on the phone as they sat in the outside tables at Lazydays Tucson. They had just enjoyed breakfast in the cafe (only #3.99) and the coach was in the shop getting a new washer/dryer installed.

..... and the coach was in the shop getting a new washer/dryer installed.

Jim, that isn't what you told me you were getting Pat for Christmas!  ;D :D ;D

Is this replacing an existing washer/dryer or are we getting something new?

Don,

This came out of the blue and I never expected it. ;D A couple of years ago I had to replace the timer. During the summer it quit rotating. It would start, then stop, and do nothing. Appeared to be a module which is buried somewhere near the bottom rear of the unit. I was going to work on it once we got back home.

Two days ago Pat said she thought we needed to replace it. As always, we get in the last two words....Yes, Dear! It is now busily humming away on the dry cycle. Time will tell if it was worth it.  :) :)

Bill, I did get one shot from the table in front of the restaurant. May try to get some tomorrow morning before we leave. I need to make the trip to San Xavier del Bac for sunrise. Then off to visit Fred & Daisy. Photo is attached.

BTW, you were right about the NY strip!!! Even the waitress, Becca, recommended it. The Prime Rib was excellent tonight. We had lunch there as well while waiting for the coach. Our wait was a little longer than Neville thought it should be so he's going to comp us to breakfast tomorrow. Well, that is if he remembers.  ;D ;D ;D

We have found that the personnel here are just as friendly and helpful as the Seffner location. I expect they will do well if the economy allows folks to make a purchase.

Attachments

• Florizona Patio.jpg
    Florizona Patio.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 45
Jim,

Neville is so friendly because he is a South African!    He is somewhat of a permanent fixture here, as he used to work for Beaudry and believe me, the Ladydays people were smart to keep him.

Mariekie

mariekie4 said:
Neville is so friendly because he is a South African!    He is somewhat of a permanent fixture here, as he used to work for Beaudry and believe me, the Ladydays people were smart to keep him.

IIRC, Neville sold Terry Nathan at least one of his Prevosts.

mariekie4 said:
Jim,

Mariekie

We met Neville several years ago when he worked for Beaudry. He hasn't changed a bit! :)

Good morning all.  Got back last night, rig was back on site, plugged in, leveled, new windshield installed, rig washed, tranny fluid changed, everything done as requested.  This morning I am on the patio grille having breakfast, (3.99), wifi on, using iPad. 

Today is first day of our job fair, Lazy Days is providing a room to meet in and interview folks.  Yellowstone association summer bookstore jobs.  My son is picking my dog Koda up at pet resort and coming back over here.

Will get some photos of the place, the security shacks are now complete, little stucco buildings.  The arizonaation is almost complete.

Did I mention, the campsite hot tubs are being replaced.

Checked it out in Tucson yesterday, WOW! nice place, you can walk to camping world from the RV park, the place has it all.

The hot tubs were not stolen...LOL. They filled them in way before the sale.
I found the park to be a big parking lot with little character, fortunately the plants survived !
I also had a very bad experience with the service center, as they were understaffed, and
pushed me out the door a week later with a new problem that I did not have before I arrived.
Neville and the office staff were very nice, but I don't think I will be going back again.

I'm surprised you had a problem there, Dusty.  Can I help by putting you in touch with somebody who can make things right? Bob Grady, the GM at Tucson, is a friend of mine, and sincerely wants to make all his customers happy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom