rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Hints, Tricks and Gadgets/Tools --- small ones.  (Read 353833 times)

cerd

• ---
Re: Hints, Tricks and Gadgets/Tools --- small ones.
« Reply #510 on: July 30, 2018, 10:58:14 AM »
In my MH, I keep a clamp style multimeter in case I need to check for current draw somewhere, a channel lock pliers, a 6 in one screwdriver.

I don't keep them in, but I bring from from my daily driver a decent portable socket set and my cordless impact. It came in handy last time because my alternator failed just as we got to the park. I had to fix it while everyone was out on an ATV ride. The cordless impact is in case I need to change the tires, obviously.

If I don't finish a piece of maintenance, like resealing the vents, I may bring some extra tools to fix it in my downtime.

My next purchase will be a Black & Decker portable inflator. It runs on 120VAC, 12VDC, and a 20V battery pack and has high pressure tire mode and a low pressure inflatable blower/deflator with integrated digital pressure regulator...for only $50 (without battery, but I have that taken care of).
1990 Chevy G30 Gulfstream Ultra Class C
350TBI

maddog348

• ---
  • Maddog & 'Sunny'
« Reply #511 on: July 31, 2018, 09:24:42 AM »
cerd ~~ Have been in the market for just such an inflatpr. Do you have a part ##??  The one I saw for $50 was Batt only.  Thanks    ~~  Kate
Pam (a.k.a.-Maddog  (driver))
Kate (a.k.a.-One Eyed Old Lady {nagivator))

2 furry copilots ('Charlie' 15# Terrier/X &  'Bella' 10# Min.Schnauzer/X'

2007 Itasca 'Sunova' 26P ~ 2003 Rav4 'toad'(remco tranny pump)

clown9644

• ---
« Reply #512 on: August 07, 2018, 07:25:00 PM »
Just wanted to let folks know that there is a spray made by CRC Inc. for testing your smoke/fire alarms.  It sprays a mist that simulates smoke in front of the alarm.  I know Staples sells it and I am sure other stores sell it as well.

cerd

• ---
« Reply #513 on: August 24, 2018, 08:19:38 AM »
cerd ~~ Have been in the market for just such an inflatpr. Do you have a part ##??  The one I saw for $50 was Batt only.  Thanks    ~~  Kate

I finally got around to ordering it. Amazon says it should arrive Sunday. The model is BLACK+DECKER BDINF20C. It does not come with a battery, but if you have any 20v B+D cordless yard tools, they use the same battery. If nothing else, the B+D cordless hot glue gun really comes in handy and has a much faster heat time than industrial grade corded models. Uline corded was 4+mins to use. The B+D hot glue gun is about 90 seconds.
1990 Chevy G30 Gulfstream Ultra Class C
350TBI

maddog348

• ---
  • Maddog & 'Sunny'
« Reply #514 on: August 24, 2018, 07:11:44 PM »
cerd ~~  THNX  ~~ kate
Pam (a.k.a.-Maddog  (driver))
Kate (a.k.a.-One Eyed Old Lady {nagivator))

2 furry copilots ('Charlie' 15# Terrier/X &  'Bella' 10# Min.Schnauzer/X'

2007 Itasca 'Sunova' 26P ~ 2003 Rav4 'toad'(remco tranny pump)

Bjwinspect

• ---
« Reply #515 on: October 01, 2018, 08:12:10 PM »
A couple things I found handy... When running water in toilet to do a good cleaning, I can put a C Clamp on the vanity door and swing the door open, the clamp holds the toilet  pedal down and keeps valve open.   I also found “Bubble Level” Apps on the phone and IPad are good surface bubble levels, easier than any other level I have found, just lay the phone on the floor.  They also show degrees, which is useful for determining if it is safe to start the refrigerator
Byron Woods

3Horse

• ---
« Reply #516 on: October 28, 2018, 02:08:28 PM »
Recently I was reading a post where somone complained how hard it was to hook up and u unhook the 3" bayonet fitting sewer hoses, not to mention the cap (It gives me problems) and It got me thinking.. What else is about that same outside diameter.   One Face Palm Later I gave it a try. WORKS GREAT.. Link below (NOTE I got mine elsewhere. this was the easiest to find link)

Adjustable pliers type oil filter wrench at AutoZone
THIS may save my busted knuckles!!!
WIDE right turns

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #517 on: October 28, 2018, 02:37:52 PM »
How about something purpose-made for the task?

RhinoFLEX Swivel Fitting Wrench Set

3Horse

• ---
« Reply #518 on: November 11, 2018, 07:25:14 PM »
Currently 18 pages of hints and I found a game changer!

The idea to use an oil filter wrench on our waste connections worked like a charm!! Thanks!
WIDE right turns

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #519 on: November 12, 2018, 07:24:20 AM »
How about something purpose-made for the task?

RhinoFLEX Swivel Fitting Wrench Set

I have a pair of those and they are JUNK do not fit the fittings and do not work.

The oil filter wrench however is fantastic. Absolute pleasure  I'm still wondering why it took me so long to think o fit.   I've spoken to several RV deralers and accessory storesd and about half of them make the samer recommendation to their customers.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.