rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Hints, Tricks and Gadgets/Tools --- small ones.  (Read 349192 times)

cerd

• ---
Re: Hints, Tricks and Gadgets/Tools --- small ones.
« Reply #510 on: July 30, 2018, 10:58:14 AM »
In my MH, I keep a clamp style multimeter in case I need to check for current draw somewhere, a channel lock pliers, a 6 in one screwdriver.

I don't keep them in, but I bring from from my daily driver a decent portable socket set and my cordless impact. It came in handy last time because my alternator failed just as we got to the park. I had to fix it while everyone was out on an ATV ride. The cordless impact is in case I need to change the tires, obviously.

If I don't finish a piece of maintenance, like resealing the vents, I may bring some extra tools to fix it in my downtime.

My next purchase will be a Black & Decker portable inflator. It runs on 120VAC, 12VDC, and a 20V battery pack and has high pressure tire mode and a low pressure inflatable blower/deflator with integrated digital pressure regulator...for only $50 (without battery, but I have that taken care of).
1990 Chevy G30 Gulfstream Ultra Class C
350TBI

maddog348

• ---
  • Maddog & 'Sunny'
« Reply #511 on: July 31, 2018, 09:24:42 AM »
cerd ~~ Have been in the market for just such an inflatpr. Do you have a part ##??  The one I saw for $50 was Batt only.  Thanks    ~~  Kate
Pam (a.k.a.-Maddog  (driver))
Kate (a.k.a.-One Eyed Old Lady {nagivator))

2 furry copilots ('Charlie' 15# Terrier/X &  'Bella' 10# Min.Schnauzer/X'

2007 Itasca 'Sunova' 26P ~ 2003 Rav4 'toad'(remco tranny pump)

clown9644

• ---
« Reply #512 on: August 07, 2018, 07:25:00 PM »
Just wanted to let folks know that there is a spray made by CRC Inc. for testing your smoke/fire alarms.  It sprays a mist that simulates smoke in front of the alarm.  I know Staples sells it and I am sure other stores sell it as well.

cerd

• ---
« Reply #513 on: August 24, 2018, 08:19:38 AM »
cerd ~~ Have been in the market for just such an inflatpr. Do you have a part ##??  The one I saw for $50 was Batt only.  Thanks    ~~  Kate

I finally got around to ordering it. Amazon says it should arrive Sunday. The model is BLACK+DECKER BDINF20C. It does not come with a battery, but if you have any 20v B+D cordless yard tools, they use the same battery. If nothing else, the B+D cordless hot glue gun really comes in handy and has a much faster heat time than industrial grade corded models. Uline corded was 4+mins to use. The B+D hot glue gun is about 90 seconds.
1990 Chevy G30 Gulfstream Ultra Class C
350TBI

maddog348

• ---
  • Maddog & 'Sunny'
« Reply #514 on: August 24, 2018, 07:11:44 PM »
cerd ~~  THNX  ~~ kate
Pam (a.k.a.-Maddog  (driver))
Kate (a.k.a.-One Eyed Old Lady {nagivator))

2 furry copilots ('Charlie' 15# Terrier/X &  'Bella' 10# Min.Schnauzer/X'

2007 Itasca 'Sunova' 26P ~ 2003 Rav4 'toad'(remco tranny pump)

Bjwinspect

• ---
« Reply #515 on: October 01, 2018, 08:12:10 PM »
A couple things I found handy... When running water in toilet to do a good cleaning, I can put a C Clamp on the vanity door and swing the door open, the clamp holds the toilet  pedal down and keeps valve open.   I also found “Bubble Level” Apps on the phone and IPad are good surface bubble levels, easier than any other level I have found, just lay the phone on the floor.  They also show degrees, which is useful for determining if it is safe to start the refrigerator
Byron Woods