Framily Veterans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Paul B said:
Jim

I went through GLTC, company 398 & then to Fleet Sonar School in Key West.  ;D

Can't find my photo of the company but I'm pretty sure it was 136. Guess I was there first. :) Reported 7 April 1960.

Is it just me or is the forum a little top heavy with old sailors. Makes sense, I know I've had enough time at sea to last a lifetime. My wife wants to go on cruises (went to Alaska) but I prefer the road. Seems a lot of other old "squids" may have similar feelings.

Like to thank all the Veterans of the Forum and to all who are not with us today for your service and sacrifice. To serve our great nation is an honor and privilege to uphold our freedoms and liberty.

USMC 1978 to 1981
Maryland Army National Guard 1988 to Present
MSG
58th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade  (BfSB)
Brigades Communication NCOIC

But of course Jim :D Just recently found out that the Air Force had alot of contact with agent orange....loading and shipping......I was just jokin before.

Ground pounder"...Personally, as an old sailor who always had a decent place to sleep and a warm meal, I can't think of a better way to offer respect than to call someone a "ground pounder".

rogertre said:
Is it just me or is the forum a little top heavy with old sailors. Makes sense, I know I've had enough time at sea to last a lifetime. My wife wants to go on cruises (went to Alaska) but I prefer the road. Seems a lot of other old "squids" may have similar feelings.

It may have a lot to do with the fact we all were deployed away from home, sometimes, for long periods. Probably instilled that wanderlust that keeps us finding the next road to travel. I still miss my time at sea but cruise ships just don't have the same feeling. We took one cruise many years ago and I really enjoyed being on deck at night watching all the plankton glowing in the dark!!!

catblaster said:
Can we blame the abundance of Navy and Air Force personnel to the use of agent orange on the Marines and Army. Just saaayin :-\

Admiral Zumwalt was responsible for the use of Agent Orange from what I have heard. I'm sure he had a hard time when reflecting upon that fact since his son died from it. That was a bad decision which he had to live with for a long time.

Didn't know that about the Admiral. That's gotta be tough.

VA not too long ago admitted they had sprayed areas where I was stationed. Navy personnel were also listed as being exposed so I guess It went all around as an equal opportunity destroyer.

When I worked at the RV dealership summers in CT the Service Advisor was retired Army and he is constantly going to the VA for checkups as he is suffering from Agent Orange. It's not to debilitating for him but he has his problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom