Framily Veterans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After the navy I took comand of my own vessel, sailed for 30 years. Nights at sea were my reward for living all week on land. Raised a few kids on the sailboat. one went to Mass Maritime following her pop. Now its the RV and a small fleet of small power boats.
To me the connection is the Independence that the open road and the sea require. As a old salt said " There are no overpasses to pull under in a storm at sea"
I do agree with Jim Dick took a cruse when youngest daughter got married. OK just not for me, like my hand on the tiller/
Jim

Agent Orange...for all those who were exposed to this, you may be eligible for VA Benefits.  If for instance, you have CAD (ischemic heart disease) had bypass surgery, pacemaker, etc, prostate cancer, etc you are eligible for benefits and may include compensation.  Contact Your Viet Nam Rep, normally located in a VA Hosp or county offices.  Check w/ VFW American Legion for local Rep.

I'm sitting here watching MSNBC's story on the troops heading home from Iraq.  It's been a long time coming.  Afghanistan is next, soon I hope.

Molaker said:
I'm sitting here watching MSNBC's story on the troops heading home from Iraq.  It's been a long time coming.  Afghanistan is next, soon I hope.
Everyone hopes it's soon, as long as it's not to soon, don't need another 2001 at home, that's for sure.

I have been in Iraq three years one as military and two as a civ contractor. I would say it is just a matter of time before we are back there.

No need to ever go back. Nothing to be gained. Democracy is not a concept the coincides well with Islam, its hard enough in this country. I advocate the use of low veild special weapons. I'm sick of funerals for brave young Americans led by self absorbed political idiots all in an attempt to preserve the oil flow and the Jewish state. Drill, Drill, Drill in North Dakota and take the handcuffs of Isreal, the Isralies can take care of themselves.

I apologize for my lack of spelling prowess. I'm a poor speller on a good day but when my "blood is up" I can't spell worth a ship.

mnmnutswer said:
I have been in Iraq three years one as military and two as a civ contractor. I would say it is just a matter of time before we are back there.

Lets hope not!!!!

Scott

From what I have read the conflict between the Sunni and Shia has been going on for a 1000 years and we have done nothing to resolve it.  Add to that the other non-Muslim minorities and everything is a tempest waiting to blow.

Mix well with a few fanatics and stand back.

rogertre said:
No need to ever go back. Nothing to be gained. Democracy is not a concept the coincides well with Islam, its hard enough in this country. I advocate the use of low veild special weapons. I'm sick of funerals for brave young Americans led by self absorbed political idiots all in an attempt to preserve the oil flow and the Jewish state. Drill, Drill, Drill in North Dakota and take the handcuffs of Isreal, the Isralies can take care of themselves.
Unfortunately, the world is a bit more complicated than this post and has been since the times of the Romans. 

Just Lou said:
I'll wager that there is not ONE poster on this thread who can't remember their Service Number. (479-55-19)

Haven't look here for a while...your bet's safe w/me...B205912
And my Mother stills remembers my retired Fathers, passed away in 78, and proudly she may get confused on the day of the week...but not his service number..

It's a privilege to post with you all.  My thanks to the many warriors on the forum, you are all heros...!

U.S. Army Infantry 1965 - 1974
89th Division
Basic Combat Training Company

O my, have not looked up at those beautiful mountains in over 24yrs, was stationed at 3rd MarDiv, 1st Marine Brigade from 84'-87.  Sure was a pretty sight, never forget the first morning (arrived at night) looking up at that glowing green mountain.

Semper Fi

Chief Warrant Officer 3
1985 to Present

Desert Shield/ Storm
Operation Intrinsic Action
Operation Bright Star
SFOR-9 Bosina
Iraqi Freedom
Afghanistan

Currently at KFOR-15 rotation in Kosovo.
God Bless all of our Veterans

ChiefM said:
Chief Warrant Officer 3
1985 to Present

Desert Shield/ Storm
Operation Intrinsic Action
Operation Bright Star
SFOR-9 Bosina
Iraqi Freedom
Afghanistan

Currently at KFOR-15 rotation in Kosovo.
God Bless all of our Veterans

Hi CWO3,

Good to see you here. Thanks for your continued service to our great country!!!

Thank you all,
I bought my 86 Chiefton before I deployed and it does have some issues that I plan on fixing when I get home. I always wanted a motorhome and plan on updating, repairing and then taking her out and making wonderful family memories. Thanks again everyone.

Retirement?
NO WAY!! 26 years and counting

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom