Framily Veterans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
USN 1974-1994
USS Long Beach CGN-9 76-79
USS Arkansas CGN-41 79-82
USS South Carolina CGN-37 85-88
USS Long Beach CGN-9 92-94

My wife wanted to go on a cruise and I said why, I've seen the ocean.  Well, we went, and it was great.  I did tell her to stop taking pictures of the ocean, it will look the same every day.  So we have been on four cruises so far, with more to come.

Hello to all the vets and their families!

Mike

Thank you one and all. You represent well all those now asleep and those who stand and wait. The RV Forum is honored by your presence and participation and many of us remember with gratitude all of you daily.

U.S. Navy 1991-2011

USS Sunbird (ASR-15)
USS Niagara Falls (AFS-3)
USS Cowpens (CG-63)
NCTAMS PAC San Diego
Naval Air Weapons Center Weapons Division China Lake
Forward Deployed Combat Repair DET A

Storekeeper 1991-2000
Information Systems Technician 2001-2011

Retired August 2011 onboard the USS Midway.

US Army 1964 - 1974 - got out when new volunteer army came in.
173rd Abn 1965-1967 RVN
Duster Gunner/Track Commander 1968 - 1969 RVN
Numerous other places - finished at Fort Bliss, Tx.

Army,  11B.  Grunt.

Basic and AIT @ Ft. Lewis, WA

Vietnam: B-3-8, 4TH Infantry Division.  September 1969 to Sep. 1970.  Mostly in the Central Highland jungles between An Khe and Pleiku.    Also the 1970 Cambodia incursion.

After Vietnam: Ft. Carson, CO.
-Don-  SF, CA

ChiefM said:
AMEN to the military spouse!!! My wife is the best ever. We have been together 8 wonderful years now, I am on my 3rd deployment since we got together and has not complained one time. She does it all when I am gone, I owe her big time.  :D

AMEN to the military spouse is right! I read the Navy Wife poem at the podium of my retirement ceremony last year onboard the USS Midway and it was so difficult for me to read because I broke down in tears after watching my wife crying so much, it was a very touching moment and this was something I had read over and over many times to myself prior with no problem. The military spouses endure so much while we are away, sometimes I believed she had it more tougher than I did.

Josh

mojavesky13 said:
AMEN to the military spouse is right! I read the Navy Wife poem at the podium of my retirement ceremony last year onboard the USS Midway and it was so difficult for me to read because I broke down in tears after watching my wife crying so much, it was a very touching moment and this was something I had read over and over many times to myself prior with no problem. The military spouses endure so much while we are away, sometimes I believed she had it more tougher than I did.

Josh

I will add my Amen to the wife as well.  We're coming up on 30 years together and 3 kids.  She almost single-handedly raised the first two while I was off seeing the world (TDY's to various places).  I once saw a cartoon of a military man coming home to his wife and kids.  The kid looked up at Mom and said "Mommy, who is that strange man?"  That was me for the first few years of our marriage.  And she is still with me.  That says a lot!

Jim Dick said:
Josh,

I'm sure you have seen the saying "Navy Wife....the toughest job in the Navy!"

Yes, I have seen and heard that saying. It takes a special woman to endure the job and stress of being a "Navy Wife"!

Thanks to all that serve, all that have served and those that want to serve.

US Army 1976 -1996
Infantry 76-79
Air Traffic Control 79-84
Transportation & Logistics 84-96

Former Marine (airdale with VMFA 323) and Marine Security Guard (attached to the embassy in Montevideo, Uruguay). Semper Fi and oooh rah to my fellow Marines and a big dose of respect to my brother and sister vets out there!!!

Blessing to my fellow Service members. Thanks for your patronage!

USMC '81-'85
Adak Alaska, '81-82
Echo Company 2/9 Hell In a Helmet '82-'85
0331, 0341 Infantry Machinegunner-M60 Mortors-60mm
Over 3,000 miles in black cadilacs.

mdbass said:
Former Marine (airdale with VMFA 323) and Marine Security Guard (attached to the embassy in Montevideo, Uruguay). Semper Fi and oooh rah to my fellow Marines and a big dose of respect to my brother and sister vets out there!!!
Cool guys, was MSG, awesome duty!  USMC 83'-94.

I put 29 years in the USAF but got out as I did not wish to make a career out of it.  I had 80% good and 20% bad.  Civilian job...70% good, 30% bad.  The AF was very good to me.  I was an enlisted airborne radio operator on a cargo plane during the Korean War/conflict/police action....The guys shooting at me called it a war....

Went to college on the GI Bill, got a commission and went back in.  Did Viet Nam. That was a war. I got to see much of the world.  I loved the AF, but was offered a job with Sony Corp. and worked for them fourteen years and the AF wanted me to go back to Korea for a one year tour. (wife stays home) She said NO!, been there, done that.  ha ha  Loved Sony.

Thanks to all for serving our wonderful country.

Served with the Naval Security Group, LT.  1969-1979....fighting the "Cold War".... through signal intelligence
National Security Agency (Telemetry Analyist)
Naval Post Graduate School - MSEE
NAVSECGRU HQTS - Research anb Development
NAVCAMWESTPAC - SECGRU Dept

Thanks to all who served and are serving now...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom