Framily Veterans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I too just found this thread.

Sgt. USAF, SAC,  Aircraft Electronic Navigation Equipment Repairman 1969 - 1973  KC-135s and B-52s

Lackland AFB, Keesler AFB, Lockbourn AFB Ohio, Ramey AFB Puerto Rico, Grissom AFB IN, Korat RTAFB Thailand, U-Tapoa RTAFB Thailand, Takhli RTAFB Thailand.

Jitterbug:

Does your thank you include free admission for vets to the airshow?

9 years Navy Submarine Force.  1975 - 1984.  Deployed in the Pacific region for much of that.

US Navy 1961-1964.  Served at Whiting Field, Milton, FLA as a cook striker while waiting for tech school at NAS Memphis, Tn.  After tech school was assigned to AEWBARRONPAC (Airborne Early Warning Barrier Squadron, Pacific) home based at Barbers Point, HI.  Flew missions as flight technician (ATR3) from Midway Island.  The mission was the Pacific extension of the DEW (Distant Early Warning) line which watched for enemy attack from the northern hemisphere.  We took off from Midway, flew NNE until the Aleutian Islands on radar, turned around and went back to Midway.  About 14 hours in the air.  Attained rate of ATR2 two days before discharge!

Air Force 1970-1994.  Defense Language Institute English Language School Instructor, Management Engineering Technician, Manpower Officer.

Lackland, Saigon, Wright-Patterson, Kelly, Keesler, Ramstein, Ft Ritchie, Randolph.

S/Sgt.  Steven Eggert U.S.M.C
1st 8" Howitzer Battery, 4/12-3rd Mar. Div.
Two tours in South Vietnam 1964 and 1968
DaNang, Quang Tri (Near DMZ)
Self propelled 8" howitzer mechanic. (M-109) (M-53)
Forward Observer.
"Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be just a brawl"

AD, Chief Petty Officer, USCG 18 years and counting, transferring  to Nor Cal from FL, next month RV is almost all packed for the trip, see ya all along the way, Steve & Family

Thanks Steve for your past and continuing service. I think you'll like no Cal.

Wendy
US Army 75-78

USAF 1986-1990  Lackland AFB, Keesler AFB, 55 OMS Offutt AFB, WWABNCP (Looking Glass) Inflight Radio Maintenance on EC-135C.

Thanks to all that served through much tougher assignments and to all veterans.

US Army EOD (active duty) 1987 to 2009.  HI, FL, NC, HI, FL, GA (IRAQ x2).

SON:  US Air Force (active duty) 2007 to present.
DAUGHTER:  US Coast Guard (active duty)  2010 to present.

I have had the honor of working with(and for) some of the most amazing people in the world.  Thank you to all Veterans (PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE) especially those that served in time of war and/or when service in the military was not "fashionable" 

Karmannghia said:
US Army EOD (active duty) 1987 to 2009.  HI, FL, NC, HI, FL, GA (IRAQ x2).

SON:  US Air Force (active duty) 2007 to present.
DAUGHTER:  US Coast Guard (active duty)  2010 to present.

I have had the honor of working with(and for) some of the most amazing people in the world.  Thank you to all Veterans (PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE) especially those that served in time of war and/or when service in the military was not "fashionable"
Hey there brother.  I was USMC EOD, we went through the same school.  I went through in 1990, Eglin and Indian Head before they moved everything to Eglin.  Semper Fi.

jje1960,

Greetings.  Class 92-110S here.  I was a Demo Instructor when they moved Indian Head down to Eglin.  I missed the EOD Memorial Ball the last couple of years, but heading down to Destin in a few weeks.

2/34th BIG RED 1    Glad to see so many of us VETS out here. I am finally getting on the road the 5th of June. There is going to be 4 of us and 2 dogs. Can not wait. Life is to short not to be happy. I want to see the whole country that I served for. THANKS to all VETS we are family!!

Does anyone know a good discussion Forum for Vietnam veterans? Mainly on the subject of benifits.

Scott  :)

Back
Top Bottom