Framily Veterans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scott-0168 said:
Does anyone know a good discussion Forum for Vietnam veterans? Mainly on the subject of benifits?
  Scott, I believe the Vets PTSD forum on yuku would be helpful to you. Vet's benefits and the processes is the focus. Try this link http://nvfv.yuku.com/directory

I have been on the forum for a year now and just realized this was here.
Chief Petty Officer Gas Turbine Electrician (GSEC) 20 Year US Navy Retired. 
USS Chandler DDG 996 San Diego CA (Plank Owner)
PHMRON2 Hydrofoils Key West FL
Great Lakes Training Center
USS Shiloh CG 67 San Diego CA (Plank Owner)
Retired Jan 2000
I actually miss it from time to time.

Scott-0168 said:
Does anyone know a good discussion Forum for Vietnam veterans? Mainly on the subject of benefits.

Scott  :)

Yes, this is a good one.  I was able to get a lot of great info about my benefits.  I would give you the link but we are in our RV and I can't link to their site.

Search "Veterans Benefits Network Forums".  It will be the site "Vets.Yuku.com".

kenb1023 said:
I have been on the forum for a year now and just realized this was here.
Chief Petty Officer Gas Turbine Electrician (GSEC) 20 Year US Navy Retired. 
USS Chandler DDG 996 San Diego CA (Plank Owner)
PHMRON2 Hydrofoils Key West FL
USS Shiloh CG 67 San Diego CA (Plank Owner)
Retired Jan 2000
I actually miss it from time to time.

Hi Ken,

I know how you feel. I was only in for 4 active and 2 inactive reserves but feel the same. I was on two Fletcher Class Destroyers and on the Commissioning Crew of a Charles Adams Class Destroyer.

The ironic thing is our son was the DCA on the USS Kidd, DDG-993! He's still in after 26 years as an O-6. I got out as an E-5. He has done what I wished I could have done. :)

Jim Dick said:
Hi Ken,

I know how you feel. I was only in for 4 active and 2 inactive reserves but feel the same. I was on two Fletcher Class Destroyers and on the Commissioning Crew of a Charles Adams Class Destroyer.

The ironic thing is our son was the DCA on the USS Kidd, DDG-993! He's still in after 26 years as an O-6. I got out as an E-5. He has done what I wished I could have done. :)
4 years or 26 years, it is all the same.  You volunteered to serve and I thank you and your son for that.

Yellowboat said:
Yes, this is a good one.  I was able to get a lot of great info about my benefits.  I would give you the link but we are in our RV and I can't link to their site.

Search "Veterans Benefits Network Forums".  It will be the site "Vets.Yuku.com".

The site is up and running again.  The web site is: http://vets.yuku.com/

Any former EOD Techs around?  1st Marine EOD Platoon, 91'-94 here.

SGT. 94-99 US ARMY, Signal Corp. Airborne, Airassult. Ft. Bragg NC
We are in Ohio now. This is a great site with a TON of information. Love it.

Thank you to all who have Served.

& for my Dad..11th Airborne Div. 13B. - RIP

Cpl. US Army, B Battery 425 AAA Bn, Camp Stewart GA. Operation Sage Brush, Savannah River Plant 1954-1956

Bless them All.

Don G.

US Navy 72-78 HT2 USS Semmes DDG18 USS Lexington CVT16 Thanks to all that served.

Navy '58-62
522-34-27 boot camp San Diego
Pre A school Norman, Ok
Aviation Electronics A school Millington Tn
VF-142 wfff flyiing F8U Crusaders ASQ17
Westpac on the Oriskany CVA 34 as a plane captain ( brown shirt) my aircraft 107 bureau #146914
Shore duty VU-7 NAS Brown Field then reassigned to NAS North Island
Got out as an ATR-2 7/24/62

Was raised a Marine brat. Schools from Quantico, Va.  to Pearl Harbor Territory of Hawaii 15 of them before I graduated from Gar-Field Hi school.  Woodbridge. Va.
God bless all who served.   

Here's a salute to all of you from a former Canadian Forces Reservist.

Lieutenant, Canadian Forces
Communications and Electronics Engineering Branch (CELE) working in Signals Intelligence
Reserve Electronic Warfare Squadron, CFB Kingston, ON. 1989 - 1994

Figured I might just as well jump in too!!  Former Sgt with RCAF Auxiliary (reserve) 1956-1972 with 401(F) City of Westmount Squadron. Instrument  and Aircraft servicing  tech.... Worked out of RCAF base St.Hubert (near Montreal) ( Initially Air Defense command, later Air Transport Command and then Mobile command)

USMC 9/7/67 - 9/1/80, Parris Island Plt 3038, NAS Millington for A & B schools in jet avionics, VMA 324 (A-4C), MCAS Beaufort, SC VMA 542 and VMA 513 (AV8A Harriers), H&MS 12 Sunny Viet Nam and Iwakuni, Japan and either VMA 542 or VMA 513 in MCAS Yuma, AZ.

Back
Top Bottom