Framily Veterans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SSG E-6, US Army, 1962-67, intelligence analyst: UN Interrogation Center (502d MI Bn), Seoul, Korea; STRAC Hq Intel, Ft. Bragg, North Carolina; US Army Map Service Far East (29th Engineer Bn), Tokyo, Japan; 171st Imagery Interpretation Platoon, G-2, USARPAC, Ft. Shafter, Hawaii. Afterward, the GI Bill for college was a wonderful thing!

United States NAVY  1970 - 1993. Aviation Fire Control Tech (AQCS). Vietnam '72, Iran '80, Libya '86.
Thanks to all that served, even a day.

I've just read through all of your entries.  What a wonderful group we have here!  Many thanks to all of you.  We already have next to the coffee pot a reminder to put out our flag tomorrow morning.

ArdraF
One very proud Army Brat
Tokyo 1949-1950

Thanks for the post and to all that have served.  Last year we wintered in Southern California at Military Bases.  Plan to do much the same this year.

1968 - Drafted US Army
1968 - 1969  Door Gunner - Vung Tau, VN
1972 - 1979  Drill Sergeant - US Army Reserves
1981 - 1995  Flight Engineer Chinook Helicopter - US Army Reserves

Retired SFC (E7)

JD

Hello there fellow veterans!!.......

Still on ACDU in the Marine Corps......since 1997.....

SSgt C. E. Boyler
1st Tank Bn, 1st Marine Division.....29 palms, California...

Hey Guys...glad to be aboard ..

USN MM on CLG-7 Springfield, DD-864 H.J.Ellison
crossed over to CB in a stint  in the USN-R
It was a great time to be in the service and I wouldn't be the man I am to day w/o the training.
It wasn't a popular time for public support. The only time a war is glorious is from the politician's point of view because he won it.

Sgt. D Co. 1/6 198th LIB, Infantryman, HHC 1/6 198th LIB, Radio Operator, Americal Division, Chu Lai,  RVN 1970-1971

Wouldnt want to do most of it again, but wouldnt trade the experience for anything.

Paul

Thanks to all that served.  USN  1970 - 90  AD-1 AW  Once around the world, a rodeo and numerous goat ropes.  USS Midway  USS Enterprise  El Centro, Corpus Christi, Nas Whidbey and points in between.

Received this from my brother. He was a helicopter pilot in RVN. Recipient of Distinguish Flying Cross.

To Honor You On Veterans Day

WELCOME HOME?

We share something very special, you and I, a certain bond forged through our mutual experiences in the military and possibly time in Vietnam.

On Veterans Day we remember the many blessings that we enjoy today were secured for us at a great price.

Freedom isn?t free!

Our freedom, peace and prosperity were preserved by you and other veterans who proudly wore the uniform of our nation?s military. You were willing to risk everything for America.  We live in the freest and greatest nation on earth, thanks to you and our other brave veterans. May you enjoy all the blessings of liberty which you preserved for us, and so richly deserve.

Remember Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G. I. - One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

May God bless each of you.

Myself:

United States Navy

U.S.S. Enterprise CVA(N) 65 ? 1962 to 1963 ? Norfolk, Virginia Photo Lab/Flight deck
U.S.S. Observation Island EAG154 ? 1963 to 1965 ? Cape Canaveral, Florida Photo Lab
Naval Weapons Evaluation Facility ? 1965 to 1969 ? Albuquerque, New Mexico Photo Lab
Kenitra Naval Air Station ? 1969 ? Ville De Kenitra, Kenitra, Morocco Photo Lab

United States Air Force

Beale Air Force Base ? 1972 to 1976 ? Marysville, California 456th Avionics Maintenance Squadron Radio shop  KC135Q/B52
Beale Air Force Base ? 1976 to 1977 ? Marysville, California 9th Avionics Maintenance Squadron Radio shop  SR71
Eielson Air Force Base ? 1977 to 1980 ? Fairbanks, Alaska 5010th CAMS Radio shop
Wright Patterson Air Force Base ? 1980 to 1983 ? Dayton, Ohio 4950 Test Wing ARIA Aircrew

Here is a video that has been around awhile but I enjoy it every time I watch it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2487638612433437293&q=Vetera

Thank you all for your service and God Bless those that gave their all.

USAF 1961-1965 New Zealand, Antartica 1963, Korea, Saigon, Takli Thailand 64-65.

Don,

I've seen that video before and it is a keeper. All who have served have participated in a special rivalry between services. We have pet names for each other which are tolerated by all. However, don't let anyone who has not served try to use those names!!!! :)

All are brothers under one flag and nobody will ever take that away from us.

SSGT US Army 1964-1967. Instructor: Hawk Missile System Pulse Acquisition Radar, Battery Control Central, and System Simulator Repair.

Freedom has never been free - Thanks to all who've served!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom