Framily Veterans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
US Army 1971-74
163rd Military Intelligence battalion (combat)  3rd Army headquarters.

part of the giant waste of good people called ...Vietnam

USAF 1964 to 1984  ( 1964 aircrew life support, cross-trained 1975 aircrew loadmaster

absolutely  that counts.

many people that would like to thank her for her service, myself included.

X2. A good many of us are in a lot better shape than we would have been if it hadn't been for good nurses. Thank you Mam.

US Navy retired (1987-2007) USS Sacramento. USS Constellation, USS Carl Vinson, Stationed mostly in Washington state... 

Another update:
Our boy is back to Ft. Riley from Africa and awaiting leave. We can't wait to see him next month! 3 weeks home and then onto Ft. Lewis, WA. The DW has already dusted off her Winter AF jacket to go pick him up! When he returns to Ft. Riley after leave, he will be talking to some lawyer there pertaining to the items stolen from him when he left for Africa. They did find and arrest the soldiers involved (inside job) and compensation is at hand.

He's back safe and sound. All we care about. Makes me appreciate even more all involved in our armed services. Current and retired. Can't thank you all enough. 

Mark, I know he is in the 1st Inf at ft. Riley but when he goes to Ft. Lewis is he going into the 7th Infantry?  I did time in that unit also when it was in Korea 68-69 got my agent orange there.

catblaster said:
Mark, I know he is in the 1st Inf at ft. Riley but when he goes to Ft. Lewis is he going into the 7th Infantry?  I did time in that unit also when it was in Korea 68-69 got my agent orange there.

Haven't heard that from him. But it does make sense due to the fact that the word is his unit is being disbanded. Will have to ask him.

Edit:
Got answers faster than expected. At this point, son will still be 1st Infantry upon arrival at Ft. Lewis. After reporting in, no clue.

SCPO (Ret)
USN '88-'11
USS Arthur W Radford (DD 968) '98-'01
USS Decatur (DDG 73) '04-'08 and many other places, ships, subs, and deployments in between.

SSgt E5
Crew Chief F-4 / F-16's
122nd TAC Fighter Wing

Attachments

• 122fw.gif
    122fw.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 4
Chuck Ely
USN 1959-1963
Signalman 3rd class
2 yrs on West Coast, two West Pac tours  on AE14 out of Port Chicago Calif.
2 yrs on East Coast, recommission AKA-88 in The bay area in went thru the panama canal to Norfolk Va.
Two Med cruises. 
When I go out I would not tell anyone I had served as the civilians hated military.  Was ashamed and confused for years.
I have worked thru and my brothers and sisters who served in Nam had it worse.  Thank all of you who have served.

Dave Yarborough

US Navy 1967-1973, DaNang 69-70, USS Wichita AOR-1
US Navy 1980-2003, Retired E8 (SKCS)

Thanks to all that have served.  Just wish we could get a few politicians to serve.

Both of is are Veterans   
Ken USAF 66-70
VietNam 67

Cyn USNavy 68-76
VietNam era
Stationed west coast
MCAS El Toro
Long Beach Navy Hospital

cyn

threeful said:
One thing we always like when traveling are the great people we have met in CG's we stayed...many were ex-military.

[size=14pt]Most servicemen and women serve willingly. They would do the job regardless, but having the America people support and thank them is priceless.  For all of you who do, Thank You.  [/size]

Back
Top Bottom