Framily Veterans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Joined US Army 1968- 1970 RVN Signal Corp. Early out after extending in Nam, ETS at 330 pm Christmas day 1970 in Oakland, CA. Pretty nice Christmas present. Served 2 years 6 months 6 days. Was a professional student with the Army going to 4 different electronics schools for a total of 16 months of school. Maintenance Chief of the communication site on Long Binh. Communication hub for South Corp Viet Nam.

Hello folks:  Just ran into this post so better check in accordingly.  Native of Puerto Rico, joined the U.S. Army by way of the draft in 1966.  Basic, AIT (Tigerland, Ft. Polk), then Nam.  Joined C Troop 1/10th Cav, 4th ID, which later became 3/4 Cav, 25 ID.  Plans were to do the required two years and get out.  Well, didn't turn out so.  Instead, completed a 22 year career and yes, still learning English, no regrets.  Most of the career after Nam was in Germany and yes, ich kann auch Deutsch. 

So before I get off the issue, we own a 2015 Freedom Express and while now living in Houston, TX, the one and only AC does not put out sufficient/acceptable cooling.  Meantime, doing some "window shopping' for a second unit. 

Any tips, suggestions, like, size, brand, etc. are much welcome.

Jose

US Navy active duty '84 - '04. Navy "cilivilian" presently. Thank God Almighty for the Navy. Thank you to all of my brothers and sisters. Today (02 July 2016) is the 154th anniversary of Taps. Watch the video and shed a tear. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usk81XVsE9o.  God Bless America! 

Master Chief Petty Officer (Ret)
Submarine Sonar Technician
U.S. Navy - Submarine Force
1980 - 2007

USS Seahorse SSN 669
USS James Madison SSBN 627(B)
USS Georgia SSBN 729 (G)
USS Batfish SSN 681
USS Billfish SSN 676
USS Hampton SSN 767
USS Pittsburgh SSN 720

Not sure if I have previously posted:

Bill Norwood, Lt Col, USAF (Ret) 1961-1981, SAC the entire time, Minuteman ICBM, launch officer, maintenance officer, SAC IG team.  Loved every minute of it.  Thanks to all others who served.

Bill N said:
Not sure if I have previously posted:

Bill Norwood, Lt Col, USAF (Ret) 1961-1981, SAC the entire time, Minuteman ICBM, launch officer, maintenance officer, SAC IG team.  Loved every minute of it.  Thanks to all others who served.

Thanks for your service cold war hero.  Ssgt USMC here, EOD, MSG, Combat Engineer, Urahhha!

It was my privileged to serve in the US Army. SFC ret. 1974-1995

Soon to be living the ful time rv life!

US Army 1997-2006

1997-2001 1/321 FAR (ABN) Ft Bragg, NC
2001-2002 Madigan Army Med Center, Ft Lewis WA
2002-2006 Walter Reed Army Med Center, Wash DC

Now a 100% Disabled Vet.

threeful said:
One thing we always like when traveling are the great people we have met in CG's we stayed...many were ex-military.  I think it would be nice for the veterans of this forum to identify yourself.

Thank you for your service.

Bill T

Recon Platoon, 1/22 Infantry,  4th Infantry Division RVN
This is the first time I've opened this thread... Bill, I too was in 1/22 Infantry, 4th Infantry Division at Ft. Carson, Colorado '73 and '74

SGT., E-5, Active Duty 84-87, Recalled back from the IRR for Desert Storm, 1991. 1st and 3rd of the 325th, ABN INF, 82nd Airborne.

Attachments

• IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0085.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 17
US NAVY SEABEE's.. 1960-1982. Heavy Equipment Operator (E-7 retired)

RVN.. 2 Tours
Antarctica.. 6 Tours
Various Shore Stations

Damn Proud To Have Served Our Great Country.

Joe 

HOOAH! First I want to thank you all for your service!!  I am a 15 year Army Vet 1980-1983, 1986-1997, currently 90% disabled.
Over the years I saw a few places...
  Ft Leonard Wood Mo, HHC 4/4 1980-1981,
Germany 35Th FA Peden Barracks 81-83
(took a break 83-86)
Ft Hood TX HHB 1/3 FA 2AD 86-88,
Sinai Egypt 88-89 Aviation Co. 1st support Bn, MFO,
JCSE MacDill AFB Tampa FL, JTF-A 89-92,... Deployed to Desert Shield/Desert Storm
92-95 University of Tampa ROTC,
95-96 Korea, 3rd MI Bn
96-97 Ft Stewart Ga Medical Hold Company 

Chad "Jake" Jacobs
USMC, Sergeant/E-5 (forum name might make sense now)
1996-2000
2nd MAW, Cherry Point, NC

Semper Fi.

Thanks to all that served.
US Navy - 1972 - 1998 - Retired as Master Chief Machinist Mate
Navy Nuc - 3 submarine tours/2 shipyard tours/2 prototype tours
USS FS Key / USS C Pulaski / USS MG Vallejo - Charleston, SC
Charleston and Portsmouth NSY
Idaho - Prototype x 2
Russ Gibbs

Ex-subGuy:

Possibly a bit before your time but I had an older brother who served on the Pulaski in the late '60s and maybe early '70s. His shore duty was tracking subs from Charleston and he retired as QMSC.

In '67 I pulled into Rota on Quillback (SS-424) and my brother was standing on the pier, just like he knew we were coming. He then went on his cruse and I went on mine.

Maybe 25 years later, at a family get together, he told me that on that cruise he tracked every sub in the Atlantic and the Med, except Quillback. He just couldn't find the old Pigboat. He didn't ask where we went and I didn't tell him. I always suspected, though, that he was only looking in International waters.

Thank you for your service and congratulations at achieving the highest level of leadership and technical expertise possible in your distinguished career.

Larry IC2 (SS) '65-'69

ex-SubGuy said:
Thanks to all that served.
US Navy - 1972 - 1998 - Retired as Master Chief Machinist Mate
Navy Nuc - 3 submarine tours/2 shipyard tours/2 prototype tours
USS FS Key / USS C Pulaski / USS MG Vallejo - Charleston, SC
Charleston and Portsmouth NSY
Idaho - Prototype x 2
Russ Gibbs

When were you at PNSY?  I retired from there. 1967 to 1994. X-38 Machinist (Marine) Supervisor.

Tom R
USMC 1968-1972
UH1E (huey) and then for some unknown reason to me, F-4 Phantom. It's the Marine Corps way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom