Framily Veterans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"
MSgt (E7) USAF (retired)
1965 - 1985
Korean Peninsula during Pueblo Crisis 1968 (Kunson) F-4s, HH43 Pedros
Vietnam Tuy Hoa 1968 - 1969 F-100s, C-130s, Caribous, etc.
Clark Airbase Philipines 1972 Operation Linebacker I and  II
25 years supporting our troops as a contractor for command, control, surveillance, intelligence endeavors in the US and abroad.
"

C. Richard Cecil    ''Seajay''
US NAVY second generation 1958 / 1962
USS North Hampton CLC1  RM3
Norfolk Va home port
I am so proud to be a tiny part of such a great group of
men and women that have and are now defending this great
country we live in.
God bless our troops and bring them home safe...
God bless this great nation...
Thank a Veteran for your freedoms.  Some bought these
freedoms with their lives....... think about it.....cj

United States Army, Airborne Infantry,  RA 12332194, 1 June 69 thru 2 Dec 70

173d Airborne Brigade, 1st Bat/Bravo Company/1st Platoon,  503d Infantry, Republic of Vietnam, '69-'70.

82d Airborne Division, 3d Bat/Alpha Company/Hdqtrs Platoon, 325th Infantry, '70-71.

Purple Heart, Bronze Star, CIB (Combat Infantryman's Badge), and Parachute Badge

Still love camping, but love RV'ing more!

USMC Sgt 1965-68 Served in Vietnam 3rd Battalion 1st Marines 106's.
Thanks to my fellow vets. It's a shame that it's taken so long for other folks to recognize military service. Always remember a line from a Rambo movie.
"I only wish all Americans loved us as much as we love America"

tallyo said:
"I only wish all Americans loved us as much as we love America"
I couldn't agree more.  The pathetic treatment we got upon returning from Vietnam was uncalled for and IMHO unpatriotic.
US Army SSG 1966 to 1970.  RVN all of 1968.

Agreed!! So glad to see troops being treated with respect now.  That disrespect shown in the 60's and 70's has a face in my minds eye...I remember Hanoi Jane everytime I think of it....NO.. NOT FORGIVEN!!!    :mad:

I have had the privilege of riding with both the American Legion Riders and Patriot Guard. Both units have vowed our service personnel will never have to go through what the Viet Nam Vets endured. We have done funerals, unit send offs, unit returns, and WWII Vets return from D.C. I can't express the feeling that overcomes one when standing there honoring the Vets.

This summer in Yellowstone I met a Navy River Rat. I thanked him for his service. He told me that he never got that when he returned from Viet Nam. We spoke for a short time and I only wish I could have spent more time with him. I know he had tales to tell that would make one really think about what our military does for our country.

Jim..that reminded me of an inspection I had for a lady, she was adding a room on for her elderly father but unfortunately he had died the week before. One of the last surviving soldiers of the Bataan Death March.....wish I had been there weeks earlier. He could have had some heart wrenching stories, if he could have talked about them.  :'(

While I'm in Florida this winter and hanging out with veteran retiree's, the subject has come up about Agent Orange  benefits for Vietnam Veteran's. Anyone here have info here on the subject?

Scott - USN !967-1971

Best place to start looking is the VFW and the VA website. They have finally admitted to spraying  during my stay in Korea right where I was stationed. They told us they sprayed something on the trees to get rid of their leaves, this is so we could find the infiltrator's.  Even if you show no symptoms you should register with the VA just in cast they admit to spraying or storing it elsewhere. Navy and Air Force personnel have also been exposed to this chemical and have not know about it until now. This is also a place to start  http://agentorangelegacy.com/

If a vet was in the right place at the right time, it's a given that you were exposed. Talk to your local VA rep or contact the DAV for help.

Here is a good website to get some info.  If you are a Vietnam Vet go see a Vietnam Vet Representaive and discuss your concern with them.  They are an excellent source of information and advocate.

http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/

During the Cuban misslie crisis, I was standing next to a chopper with our duffle bags and weapons, ready to load up when given the notice.  I was 20 then and  in Aviation.

I came back from W. Germany in 66.  At the airport I sure didn't get the welcome wagon and were not treated  too well at some of the resturants.  I'm so glad that has changed.  God bless our troops, their familys, and all that have passed on.

Fred Rubio, US Army Aviation, 61 to 70

PS:  Anyone remember the CH 34s'  , Sikorsky helicopters ?

Not sure how I missed this thread for so long...

US Army Retired 1990-2010 (Explosive Ordnance Disposal)
Desert Storm/Shield
Bosnia
Kuwait (OIF/OEF)
Iraq (OIF)
Afghanistan (OEF)

Hi all, welcome home.
U.S.Army 65-68 RVN 67-68
Company A and B 4th Aviation Bn 4th Infantry Div.
Purple Heart, CIB, 12 Air Medals, Bronze Star, 100% DAV.
Lightly used class C.  Wife is retiring in May and will give the RV alot of use.

RVN 67-68, HHC 3rd Bde, 101st Abn Div,  Phouc Vinh
Enlisted and Officer
Retired
I still wear my Vietnam dog Tag, used to be for luck, now it is to remember who I am ;)

U.S. Army 1954-1956, Ft Ord,Ft Bliss, Camp Stewart  "B" Battery 425 AAA Bn. Savannah River Plant.

Bless us All.

Don
Post 419 American Legion
Santa Clara, CA

USAF  Jul55 to Jul59 - Sampson AFB, NY
                                  Lowry AFB #2, Denver, Colo.
                                  Eglin, Field #9, Fort Walton Beach, Fl.
                                  Gunnery & Bombing Range, Salina, Ks.
All good duty. Proud to have served.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads