Keyless entry system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad Reines called you and is following up.  If you need a hand, give a PM, I live about 9 miles from Reines over in Gainesville.

Best Regards!

LspTpr said:
Just wanted to say thanks to all of you.  My door lock quit working about 2 months ago using the fob.  The lights would flash but no door lock movement and the compartments were working fine.  I was to busy (lazy) to deal with it lately so didnt.  I read this post, walked out and cleaned the door contacts and viola, the remote lock is working again.  Thanks now the son and wife are amazed at what I did and dont even know how long it took but of course it took hours of troubleshooting, lol.

You've got the best brains here on The RV Forum!

Be sure and tell all concerned you had to disassemble the door to fix the problem which required several new tools to be purchased.

Enough already. This subject just proves the adage that no horse is too dead that I can't be beaten again. For some the door lock system works fine for others (and I suspect most) it almost works, or not. My vote is to forget the whole thing. I know there are those out there who are driven nuts if everything does not work, but be realistic. This is a poorly designed system from a company that has gone out of business. You would think that after having remote door lock systems for decades in autos Winnebago would have gone to a better supplier. This is the only vehicle manufacturer that I am aware of that has these remote lock problems. It is not worth my time to worry about something as remote as this.

Having a very similar problem with the key FOBs.  A couple of weeks ago both key Fobs stopped working on the doors as well as the compartments.  Although unlikely that both batteries would go bad at the same time I purchased new batteries and.....voila....both Fobs were working again, for almost 2 days.  Interior toggle switches for doors and compartments both worked fine but neither key fob worked.  The next day everything worked fine again.  We are now at the dealer having service work done and this problem is on our list.  I agree that it sounds like a loose wire somewhere.  Hopefully we will be able to report the findings in the next few days.

Jim, did you ever find your module? Did the dealer get it fixed, just wondering?

As far as dicky key fobs are concerned, try opening then and cleaning all the contacts on the rubber-like gasket using a clean pencil eraser. I did that recently to my car key fobs while changing the batteries. What a difference!!! No more intermittent  problems!!

Changed the batteries, took fobs appart cleaned them, ans no I have not found the module, and Riems never got back to me.  They did get back once, but when I explained what was happened they said they would get back to me.  Guess they are too busy.

Hope I can get it fixed in Florida, or the grand national.

Jim

Nice feature when it feels like working.

Jim,
Have you tried using the wiring diagrams to see if they can help you locate the module? Not sure if your Journey is the WKP36G or the WKP36SG so I linked both. I hope you are able to get this resolved, whats the point in having them if you can't use them?

Dar:

Thanks, I believe I found it, but it looks like I have to remove the dash cover to get to it.  I also found the Halogen light that burnt up. Now I can get a replacement.

I was hoping for easy access to get to the module. I have the SG

Jim

Has anybody replaced this module, or at least opened up the compartment to look for loose wires? This might be above my pay grade.

Hope this attachment works. 

Edit by John:  I removed the attached picture since we need permission by the originator/creator to reuse.  Please PM Jim if you want to see the picture and he can email it to you.

This might be above my pay grade
  ;D
LOL, after purchasing an Rv I don't think anything is above trying first! As they say "no guts - no glory", don't have much to lose if it don't work now. What a lovely place to hide the module, wish it was easier for you to get at.
Does it seem to make any difference if you stick the fob up next to it now that you know where it is? Thinking maybe a receiver going bad. Of course even if the receiver is going bad it still has to come out to be replaced.
Edit: Fixed quote.

Tin man said:
:-\The 64 thousand dollar question.  Brought this up a few months ago, but have looked into it further.

The FOB works once in a blue moon.  Last time it worked, the MH twisted and turned to reach our site.  Campsite in Rhinebeck NY.  If familiar with campground you'll understand.  We left the next day, and the FOB stopped working again.

The service department REINES RV CENTER Manassas VA responded to previous owners request "check the remote entry. It's not working". Reines response on service report "the dead bolt was on. It won't release it. Operates fine after opening the dead bolt."

Now my question to all And to Reines is what does the dead bolt have to do with the compartment locks?  Is there a dead bolt switch on the Journey besides the door?

If the switch is on how come the door opens?

Has anyone encountered this problem?

As a side note when I asked my mechanic about this and explained to him what happened he said go back to the campground.  It will fix itself.  Sounds like loose wire.

Should keep us buy for a few months.

Thanks

Jim

Both our key fobs for our keyless entry stopped working yesterday! This is on our 06 Winnebago Outlook. The contacts in the door look clean. Any ideas?

Scott  :)

I too had a problem with the keyless entry and cargo door locks.  Sometimes it wouldn't work at all and sometimes it would work from about six inches from the door and at other times it would work a couple of feet from the door.  The other day I tried it from the drivers side of the coach.  It worked from about 12 feet from the coach.  Must be a mounting location of the module issue.

Just curious since I haven't tried it yet...  think I'm on the original batteries and range seems to be decreasing.

if you replace the batteries in the Fob do you have to reprogram it?

2004-era system, Fob for door and bays.

Thanks,

John

Left for Florida yesterday (waited for the snow). Few days before moved the MH. turned on the batteries in rear, the locks started working!!  Go figure..  The little brass buttons on the door and jamb sometimes I rubbed them and the door  locks worked..  The compartment locks work great.. I can hear the relay in the dash clicking..

Just going with the flw and stored the hose in the shower to thaw it out this morning.  27 degrees wil do that. Tonight will drain it til the sun comes up..

Trolls under the rig..

Scott-0168 said:
Both our key fobs for our keyless entry stopped working yesterday! This is on our 06 Winnebago Outlook. The contacts in the door look clean. Any ideas?

Scott  :)

Purchased fresh batteries this afternoon, still no go! The MH entry door lock works fine using the manual lock button on the driver and passenger doors of my Ford coach. All of a sudden the fobs stopped working yesterday. Our coach has not moved since we are snowbirding here in Florida!

Scott  ???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom