Keyless entry system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John

I replaced the batteries, and locks still dont work.  The locks work when I use the switch in the well, just not the fobs.  Never had a problem with the switch by the passenger side always locked/unlocked the compartment locks.

I have the MH shut down now will check it in a few days and see if the remote works when I turn on the power.

Batteries in the coach .. All five.

Iron Man, are you saying the module with the antenna is located in the pod covering the rear of the instrument panel?

Yes. I think Winnebago calls it a dash pod. It has about five or six phillips head screws holding it on. The module is located beneath some wires there. The module is about 4 inch square and the antenna is located on its left side. I straightened the antenna straight up for better reception. Another relay is located beneath the module and this is the one you hear click, its the one that makes the marker lights flash. This is on my 2007 Journey and could be different on other years and models.  Iron Horse

Tin Man said:
The locks work when I use the switch in the well, just not the fobs.

If your key fobs are not working, you might try opening them up and, with a soft pencil eraser, clean the contacts on the flexible board AND on the bottom of the push buttons.

Worked for me on my car key fobs, they now work like a charm....

Thanks,,, didit all, the FOB works inetermitantly.  Sometime is works and sometimes it does not.  I would like to locate the "POD" and check the antenna.

Seems like it works after I shut off the Master Switch for a few hours. Works for a few hours and than nothing.  Just the FOBS don't work everything else locks on door and compartments work fine. Via inside switches.

Jim

Tin man said:
Thanks,,, did it all, the FOB works intermittently.  Sometime is works and sometimes it does not.  I would like to locate the "POD" and check the antenna.

Seems like it works after I shut off the Master Switch for a few hours. Works for a few hours and than nothing.  Just the FOBS don't work everything else locks on door and compartments work fine. Via inside switches.

Jim

I was having a problem similar with my key fobs while wintering in Florida this past winter. I came to the conclusion that my coach battery was running down on juice from a draw on my dash radio. Full charge no problem and have since located the switch to turn my dash radio off when parked!  :-[

Scott  :)

If you do decide to uncover the module in the dash pod, you should go ahead and reprogram the remotes to the receiver. The instructions are located at the Winnebago website, click on resources, then service tips on 2007-Feb. Note there are two different remotes, one with two functions and one with four functions. I think if you have ever removed the batteries from the coach it could have affected the operation of the remote locking system. Iron Horse

John or Iro Horse

Is the dash pod the covering of the inst. panel? Or is it on the firewall next to the generator?

Jim

I'm confused, sorry.. There are about twelve screws and a lot of switches attached to the dash cover (plastic/Vinal).  It appears the shroud is one piece.

Jim

Tin man,
I went out to the motorhome and took these pictures. Hope this will help.
Photo #1 is Dash Pod
Photo #2 is to remove this screw
Photo #3 Remove 5 screws around base
Photo #4 Back section comes off
Photo #5 Module with antenna shown, yellow button in center is pressed to reprogram(See instructions on
              previous posts.)
Photo #6 Back of module
Photo #7 Winnebago Part No.

Attachments

• DSC03531.JPG
    DSC03531.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC03532.JPG
    DSC03532.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC03533.JPG
    DSC03533.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC03534.JPG
    DSC03534.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC03536.JPG
    DSC03536.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC03539.JPG
    DSC03539.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC03544.JPG
    DSC03544.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 21
So I had the rear dash cap (pod) off a 2003 Horizon today (identical to mine) for another repair and found the control module for the keyless entry system. Going in from the top is the only way I can see to get to this one and it?s not too tough as Iron Horse says. Sorry I didn?t get to this sooner to save IH from pulling his off. Once you pull the cap it is on the left side. Notice the antenna sticking up, it is the piece of wire in the pic. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 001a.jpg
    001a.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 003a.jpg
    003a.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 004a.jpg
    004a.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 19
I might add that I had trouble with my rear camera once going on the blink and found the wires going into the tv screen loose. This is a good time to check that also. Just unplug and then plug them back in. Iron Horse

Iron Horse, Maverick, and John (who stuck with me this past year)

You guys are great.  I wasxafraidvto do what you did because I seem to have the talent to do more damage fixing something than fixing it.  I will remove the pod this week and see if by moving antenna checking wires will solve the problem.  If not I will have to go back to last summers responses and see what I need to replace system. As you all know the company stopped manufacturing the system.

Iron man do you have a puck light above your monitor panel? (ceiling)

Thanks again guys

Jim

Back
Top Bottom