MS S&T National Parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JamesOne

I obviously have way to much time on my hands. In MS Streets & Trips I put in my home city as starting and destination points. Then in between I entered all of the US National Parks in the 48 States. Well I left out a couple offshore that I couldn't reach by RV. I scheduled two day stops at each park and an eight hour driving day.

Here's what I got: 44 parks traveling 15,000 miles in 91 days. There were only eight days that were layovers between parks.

Maybe I'll have to do this trip. Has anyone actually visited all of the National Parks?

If anyone is interested, send me an email [email protected] and I will send you the route. You could easily change the hometown.

James,
Yes it would indeed be fun to visit all National Parks.  My concern would be , could they accomodate the size rig you are in ?  And in the 91 days of travel what kind of seasons would you run into?  I'd hate to visit some of them in the winter.  But isn't technology grand to have a way to map it all out for you?

Betty

We may not have visited all of the national parks, but we've certainly been to most of them.  Not all with the motorhome as you can't see much of some parks in such a large vehicle.  I don't think I'd like to do them as such a tour de force however :)  I think a year would be a better schedule, as some are not accessible in the winter and some are going to be intolerably hot in the summer.

I'd hate to visit some of them in the winter.  But isn't technology grand to have a way to map it all out for you?

This was just a fun kind of exercise. Actually, we visited Grand Canyon in Febuary this year and it was delightful. The Ranger said they normally have five feet of snow during the winter. Up to that point they had had four inches.

This was a very dry winter in the southwest.  Phoenix went 145 days without rain until last month.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom