Fox Mountain 245RKS??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reubenray

Does anyone have this model or seen this fifth wheel?

http://www.northwoodmfg.com/index.php?page=model&make=mountain&id=470

I have looked at those website/dealers and like the look of this model.  But they are all a long ways from where I live.  The closest dealer shown on Northwoods website is 6 to 8 hours drive away from where I live.  This would most likely be to far away to deal with warranty issues.  But if this model was a great model to people that own it I may consider it.

To answer your basic question, Northwood makes  fantastic RV's.  Their quality is second to none, and their reputation for standing up in cold weather is on par with units costing two to three times as much.  Have not looked at a Fox Mountain in person, however from what I see the manufacturing techniques are the same as for the entire line.  Depending on where you live, it may be financially advisable to shop around.  I know when I bought my AF in 2002 the dealer in LaGrande was quite a bit cheaper.  Since they are practically next door to the factory, well about 5 miles, they can get units pretty fast.

reubenray said:
The closest dealer shown on Northwoods website is 6 to 8 hours drive away from where I live. 

Have you tried searching online for a used one closer to where you live? You may not be able to see a new one but certainly no harm in looking at a used one to get a feel and see if you are still interested.

Northwood only started to make this line I believe late last year, therfore don't think their will be many if any used ones on the market yet. This is the second AF we have owned both new and on both after doing a in depth PDI (only 1 minor issue found during the PDI) have not had any warranty issues on either one.

What would you do if you were travelling and was 1000s of miles from your dealer? The factory is always there to help. Besides would make a great road trip.

That makes sense.  If I decided to get this model I would have to do my first (checkout) trip close by the dealer it is bought from to check for any issues.  I will investigate more and add it to my list.

Back
Top Bottom