non camping related employment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chaplainrobert

Dont you love newbs and our constant questions.

My regular work is travel assignments. Right now, I have been at my current location since July and I only work 3 days a week so I have been kicking around the thought of doing something else on the side. Most lucrative for me would be another hospital job but my contract precludes that so I was considering picking up something that would still be fairly portable. I am curious if anyone has done anything like work for walmart or deliver pizzas for a nationwide chain and transferred about the country as they moved from location to location. Seems reasonable that a night stocker at walmart would be employable about anywhere there is a walmart, especially if you have a work ethic!

I say go for it, don't tell them you plan to leave just work in a way that they are really impressed with your work that when they hear you have to leave they will come up with recommending you to work at the store in your next location.  Good Luck.

chaplainrobert said:
Dont you love newbs and our constant questions.

Yes we do, keep the questions coming. If no one was asking questions there would be no point to a forum.

I worked for one of the nationwide home improvement stores for a couple days a week while doing another work camping job. Because of the "work ethic" you mentioned they asked me to do more and more hours until I was working full time between the two jobs.

list yourself with nationwide temp agencies, like Manpower or Kelly Services. Whenever you move, visit the local office and tell them you are available.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom