Ultimate rear view mirror housing ...'03-'04

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afchap

While driving I-20 in Mississippi today I noticed the plastic mirror casing on the right sight rear view mirror on my 2003 Ultimate Advantage flapping in the breeze. The ?03 & ?04 Ultimates have the huge ?hanging from above? mirror similar to busses. One of the possible stops for the day was about 10 mi ahead, so that?s where we stopped. I found the plastic casing around the mirror arm is constructed in two halves that ?pop? together ?and ALL of the dozen or so catches on the outside half are broken off. It stayed with us only because the bottom end is tucked into a rubber boot on the top of the mirror body. I popped the two pieces back together, but had no confidence that it would stay in place ?so I put three bands of black electrical tape around it ?at least it matches the black plastic.  I understand these mirrors are no longer used and/or made, but have not had a chance to check with Lichtsinn Motors or Winnebago for replacement parts.  I think these mirrors are unique to 2003 and 2004 Ultimates. Are there any Ultimate owners out there who have run into this? Based on the materials and construction I see, they WILL come apart sooner or later?

First, I don't think that Winnebago has ever used any mirrors that were not used by some other coach manufacturer. Even thought mirrors are expensive the cost of a small run of unique mirrors would cost even more.
Second, if you cannot get the parts from Lichtsinn or they are very costly you might check with Colaw RV Salvage for the parts. They have quite a number of salvaged RVs. They are at:

http://www.colawrvsalvage.com/

And then there is this list. 8)
http://www.myrvparks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1656

There's also the list of RV parts and salvage places accessible via the Resources button above.

Back
Top Bottom