Mike and Dea's on vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeachCitySunSkiff

Hi everybody, Dea and I are on vacation this week. We have planned a trip along the south Texas coast. We had a flat just before dark yesterday on MH about 150 miles out of Houston.  This morning we found a replacement in Victoria.  We are back on the road again.  We are in Rockport for a couple of nights. May spent the week here or go further south. No plans. Weather is a little warm, but nice at night

Hey Mike and Dea,

A flat tire is no way to start a vacation.  Glad to see you are going to make Moab.  Have a great vacation and tell us all about it!

Hi, Mike and Dea!

I hope to meet you in Moab.  My name is Linda, and my husband is Dean.  Betty Brewer was the principal of the school where I taught, and we worked together for a lot of years.

I did a log of when we were in Texas in the spring of 2010, and it is on the Forum.  It tells about where we stayed, ate, what we did.  We didn't do western Texas or the panhandle, but everything else we did.  Each day's entry tells where we were, so you can scroll to the places that you are planning to see.  I hope this helps you have a more enjoyable trip; that's one of the reasons why I do logs is to help out the next RVForum reader.  Betty's log of Alaska was so valuable to us, it's my way of passing it on.  We loved Texas and Texans and were only sorry we had to leave after a couple of months there.

When we are at home, I don't read the Forum.  However, I'd be happy to help if you have any questions.  I don't know if our personal e-mail is listed.  If not, ask Betty to send us a quick note.  Thanks.

Good mornings Betty, flat tire(s) are no issues just add memories to a trip.  We are not sure about a trip to Moab, but we are planning a trip to Quartzite.  We may have to move a vacation to attend Moab.
Good morning Dean and Linda, I hope to meet you both in the near future.  I enjoy reading the ?trips and logs? posted on the forum.  I also keep a log of our trips.  It is an easy way to keep up with my memory.
Have a great day,
Mike

I have a history with flat tires!  Mine just hit the pocketbook hard.  But this to shall pass. ::)

Enjoy your trip.

day 3
We slept in late this morning.  The weather man last night was saying the winds were going to be 15 ? 25 mph range.  Woke up and they were calm.  But it was nice to sleep in.  We put the boat in the water late afternoon for the evening bite.  Come to find out that I lost 3 fishing poles (glad they were old) somewhere between here and Houston.  Ran into town and bought 3 new poles.  We fished about 2 hours, no fish, but had a beautiful sunset.  Secured the boat to the dock and will be on the water at daylight.

Carolyn - We how understand expense MH tires...WOW

Attachments

• PB200017_10_1.JPG
    PB200017_10_1.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 43
  • PB200019_12_1.JPG
    PB200019_12_1.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 35
Day 4
We were up 6:30 this morning, on the by 7:00. 
We fished Copano bay at lap reef.  Dea caught a 15? speckle trout and that was the only fish.  The windy blew 15 ? 20 mph out of the Southeast.  We were off the water by 9:00 am, ready for breakfast.  Dea and I tried fishing again.  I had 1 good bite, but it broke off.  The wind was still pretty strong out of the southeast.  Scott arrived around 4:30 so we called it a day and went back to MH for dinner.  Scott will be staying with us for the couple of days.
pic1 - Dad and son
pic2 - Scott's dog Bella

Attachments

• PB210003_3_1.JPG
    PB210003_3_1.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 42
  • PB210001_1_1.JPG
    PB210001_1_1.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 44
When I first glanced at the dog I thought, oh my God, they tied him to the anchor. :eek:  Then I looked again and realized that wasn't right.  But for a minute there that's how it looked.

Carolyn - Yesterday was Bella's 1st boat ride.  We kept her on a leash so she would not go for a swim... She did real well.

Day 5 - Kind of a late start this morning, I was in no hurry to get up this morning.  We had a little rain last night.  This morning we had little wind out of the south, cloudy, looking like rain.  We were on the water around 9:00 am.  We fished Copano Bay again.  Scott caught 2 undersize trout and that was it.  Rained hard at times and the wind changed to the north.  It was time to get off the water.  We spent the afternoon in Rockport getting some supplies and had lunch (Shrimp Poor Boys).  Scott will be heading tomorrow and Dea is getting an itch to move on.  I think tomorrow we will head further south.

When we get the diesel pusher checked, not finished I plan to go back to Matagorda, I like it down there.  A few days away will work nicely.

Day 6
Date - Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Destination ? Mustang State Park
Comments ? Woke up to a strong NE breeze, 55 degrees.  A step change from 70?s and 80?s, it felt a little cool.  We decided not to fish.  After breakfast, Scott headed home.  He found out that he has to work a double tonight.  Hope he got plenty of sleep.  Dea and I decided to head a little further south.  After spending sometime window shopping (not buying anything) in Rockport, we made it to Mustang State Park south on Port Aransas.  We set up the MH and went on a 4 mile walk on the beach.  A very peaceful evening, I may try a little surf fishing in the morning.
Family and friends:
Weather ?
Wildlife -
Costs:
Fuel ? $100.00
Lodging ? 14.16 Mustang State Park, water and electric, low connection WiFi.
RV repair / improvements?
Food ?
Extras / gifts -
Miles driven ? 52
Driving time ? 10:00 am to 2:00 pm (include window shopping in Rockport)

Day 7 - (day late due to slow internert yesterday) 
Date - Thursday, November 24, 2011
Destination ?
Comments ? Happy Thanksgiving everybody.  This was a 1st for us not to have the family around.  I think we both miss the family.  We had a very quiet day.  We walked the beach and read books.  We had fried fish and crab macaroni salad, different for us.
Family and friends:
Weather ? Clear, temperature lo 50?s, hi low 70?s, wind 10 to 15 mph.
Wildlife -
Costs:
Fuel ?
Eating out ?
Extras / gifts -
Miles driven ?
Driving time ?

Day 9
Date - Friday, November 25, 2011
Destination ?
Comments ? Another laid back day, we are enjoying just doing nothing.  We drove into Port Aransas and window shopped, did not buy anything.  Dea and I had a late lunch in town.  Then got back to the park and pack everything for our trip home tomorrow.  It sure has been quiet and peaceful.
Family and friends:
Weather ? Clear in the morning, turned partly cloudy in the afternoon.  The wind has steady out of the S 10 mph.  The temperature has been in the lo 70?s in the morning to mid 70?s during the afternoon. 
Wildlife -
Costs:
Fuel ?
Eating out ? $22.69 at Miss Kay Restaurant for lunch.
Extras / gifts -
Miles driven ? 38 ml into and back from Port Aransas.
Driving time ?

Day 9 -
Date - Saturday, November 26, 2011
Destination ? Home, Beach City, TX
Comments ? We woke up around 7:00 am, had breakfast and were on the road by 8:30.  We had a good trip until Edna, Tx.  Then the wind changed from the N blowing real hard and then heavy rain.  It rained all the home, got in about 2:30 pm.  We had a great time, but glad to be home. 
Family and friends:
Weather ? Cloudy, morning temperature was mid 70?s, wind 10 ? 15 mph out of the S.  By 12:00, wind changed to the N 20 -25 mph, rain and temperatures dropped to the low 60??s.
Wildlife -
Costs:
Fuel ? $170.00
Lodging ?
Eating out ?
Extras / gifts -
Miles driven ? 272
Driving time ? 8:30 am to 2:30 PM

PatrioticStabilist said:
When I first glanced at the dog I thought, oh my God, they tied him to the anchor. :eek:  Then I looked again and realized that wasn't right.  But for a minute there that's how it looked.

I did too!

It's fun following everyones journey's ......sure wish we were in the warmer wx areas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom