EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Great space heater  (Read 29221 times)

seilerbird

Re: Great space heater
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 10:28:30 PM »
Here is a photo of the space heater box so you can be sure to get the right one.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:30:06 PM by seilerbird »

Tom and Margi

• ---
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 10:42:39 PM »
Oh dear, got to return it ... didn't come with a cat!  (Just kidding, dog person here.)  ;D

Box looks familiar.  I think differences in model numbers may reflect nothing more than color.  Mine is black with silver in front.  Some others are all silver colored.  All other specs match.  Whatever the color, it's a great little heater.

Margi

tracyc

• ---
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2016, 12:23:10 AM »
Thanks for the post seilerbird, I think I'm going to pick one of these up instead of using the radiator one I'm using now.

The one thing I like about this one is that you can set it to a certain temperature and when it gets there it shuts off. I was looking for something like that.

One review I read that I didn't like was this one: One thing we don't like about the heater is that you can't set a specific temperature on the low fan setting. It automatically jumps to the high fan setting if you try to set a specific temperature.

Is this the best heater to get? This is the first heater thread of got to so far.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 12:42:34 AM by tracyc »
Just Purchased: 2006 Ford E450 Four Winds Fun Mover Toy Hauler!

tracyc

• ---
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2016, 12:38:33 AM »
Does anyone do like I do and turn on the RV propane furnace for a bit to blow some hot air in the RV quick while the electric heater is heating up?

I would SO love to use the RV's propane heater all the time but my propane heater is built in and I don't want to be driving to the RV station every few days. So I will just use it like I said above just for short periods to quickly get some heat in the RV then switch to the electric heater.

Why can't propane be cheaper and not get sucked up so fast. If I could run the propane heater all the time I would be in heaven. It pumps out heat so quick. But having to drive over to the RV store every few days would just be to much for me. If I only had to go every 2-3 weeks that I could handle.

tracyc

• ---
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2016, 02:05:11 AM »
What about this kind of heater?

Delonghi oil heat

8Muddypaws

• ---
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2016, 10:38:20 AM »
We had an oil filed heater and found the only way it heated a room was if a fan was blowing on it.  Got rid of them and got two little lasko ceramics that look like flowerpots.  Quiet and effective.  And about half the size of the towers.  We've been using them for several years without a single problem.  WalMart has them as well.  IMHO Lasko builds pretty good heaters.

https://www.amazon.com/Lasko-6435-Designer-Ceramic-Oscillating/dp/B000N22JX6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1476459332&sr=8-5&keywords=lasko+ceramic+heater
Retired computer professional
Musician, songwriter and music director
2006 Bounder 34H, 2008 CR-V Toad

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2016, 10:56:30 AM »
I also tried an oil filled heater before buying the Lasco. I had to virtually wrap myself around the oil filled heater to get warm. The Lasco puts out heat all over the room. I have been using it for five years now and I am still very happy with it.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
My new Pixel camera:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMSw5eVkCfKuuEOP2
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7
My Grand Canyon shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1

BinaryBob

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2016, 11:17:28 AM »
I've had the exact same Lasko ceramic tower heater for 2 years now and agree it's fantastic.
Hate the oil filled ones. Takes too long to heat and sounds like you're making popcorn.
2004 Itasca Suncruiser 37B

"Every hobby perpetuates its arcane mysteries. How else would we impress the newbies with our superior knowledge?"
--Gary RV Roamer--

PatStab

• ---
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2016, 11:28:45 AM »
I know propane in the parks is high and it was in Houston.

A neighbor just topped off her 2 huge 500 gallon propane tanks
for $.99 a gallon.  That is the cheapest we have seen it here in
many a year.  But we buy from a place for MIL's house that you
prepay for the year, pretty neat.

PatStab

• ---
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2016, 07:53:22 PM »
I have a couple of Voranado's, they are good heaters.  My bathroom has 9 foot ceilings,
not warm enough for me in the winter so I run one when taking a bath.  Also use 2 of
them in the motorhome at times.

Hosted by Over The Network