Great space heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AllegroRV [KodiakRV] said:
How much does it weigh?
I think Wendy weighs about 110.

Oh wait, you mean the space heater? According to Amazon the shipping weight is 8.3 pounds. It feels like it weighs about 5 pounds. Light weight plastic that appears to be pretty tough, I have knocked it over twice and it still keeps on ticking.

Wendy said:
Bless you, Tom. I owe you a dinner at Quartzsite.

Wendy

You keep offering dinners for the guys you might end up "light-as-a-feather"

I looked at Target, Home Depot, Lowes and Wal Mart for the Lasko #755320 ceramic tower heater and they all had Lasko ceramic tower heaters, but not #755320. 
Each had one that looks similar and has similar specification, but with different model numbers.
My question: are these units sold at Wal Mart, etc. the same unit as #755320, but with a model number that is unique to each retailer?
I just want to make sure to purchase the correct unit.
Thanks
Carl
seilerbird said:
I am staying in a park where the electricity is part of the monthly rent. It is cold here, getting into the 40s most nights and I was running my propane heater too often. So I decided to go get an electric heater and save some money on propane.

The first heater I got was one of those oil filed radiator types for $40. Worthless. I had to sit on it to warm up. So I took it back to Walmart and got one of those metal box heaters with a fan and a heating coil in it for $20. Much better but it was so loud there was no sleeping with it running. So I took it back to Walmart and decided to make an informed decision for heater number 3. I searched Amazon for space heaters, listed them by average customer review and chose the one that I thought was best.

I ended up with a Lasko ceramic 755320 and it is one amazing heater and it was only $46. It heats way better than either of the other two heaters which amazes me since all three are 1500 watts. It has a large LED digital readout of the current room temperature right on the top of the unit that can be plainly seen all over the room. It has a + and a - button to adjust the temperature of the heater. The LCD display changes to the set temp as you adjust it then automatically goes back to displaying the room temp after you are done adjusting. It has a timer. You can set the timer to turn off the heater after one through 8 hours. It oscillates. When I read the reviews I didn't think that was important, but that turns out to be one of the main reasons it heats so well. You push the oscillate button and the heater turns back and forth in a 70 degree arc heating a larger portion of the room. It also has two heat settings, high and low.

But the coolest feature is that it has a cute little spaceship like remote control that controls every function of the heater. I keep the remote by my pillow and when I wake up I don't even have to get out of bed to turn the heater on. I have been using this heater for a week now and it is the warmest week I have spent during the winter in this RV.

The heater is $65 at Amazon but I paid $46 at Walmart.

http://www.amazon.com/Lasko-755320-Ceramic-Digital-Display/dp/B000TTV2QS/ref=sr_1_5?s=appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1321888388&sr=1-5

I have the box in my hand and it says "Lasko Model 755320". No doubt heaters are a very popular item and since this one is so highly rated it is probably hard to keep in stock. And there must be thousands of people who have read my post and drove straight to the store ;D

You could order it from Amazon, it is in stock there.

Tom and Carl -

My heater had a different model number, too.  I've tossed the box, so don't remember.  I had printed out the specs from Tom's link along with a picture.  Everything matched.  Don't know what the explanation is, but I'm sure it is the same heater.

Margi

Carl - Here is a link to Walmarts web site page on this heater. Just enter your zip code in the box on the right of the photo and it will tell you the closest Walmart to you that has it in stock.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lasko-5775/16503215

I bought one at Wal-Mart three days ago,, got 6 hours out of it and it will not respond to the on button.  Back to the store for another,, hope this one will last more than 6 hours.>>>Dan

Thanks to everyone for the response.  I went to the website, and the unit shown is model #5775, but I believe it is the same as model #755320.
I will purchase the one Wal Mart has, and give it a try.
Carl
seilerbird said:
Carl - Here is a link to Walmarts web site page on this heater. Just enter your zip code in the box on the right of the photo and it will tell you the closest Walmart to you that has it in stock.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lasko-5775/16503215

At the store I visited,, two sizes were on display,, one about twice the size of the other. The larger one is $45.00.>>>Dan

Here is a photo of the space heater box so you can be sure to get the right one.

Attachments

• Tarzan in a box.jpg
    Tarzan in a box.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 138
Oh dear, got to return it ... didn't come with a cat!  (Just kidding, dog person here.)  ;D

Box looks familiar.  I think differences in model numbers may reflect nothing more than color.  Mine is black with silver in front.  Some others are all silver colored.  All other specs match.  Whatever the color, it's a great little heater.

Margi

Thanks for the post seilerbird, I think I'm going to pick one of these up instead of using the radiator one I'm using now.

The one thing I like about this one is that you can set it to a certain temperature and when it gets there it shuts off. I was looking for something like that.

One review I read that I didn't like was this one: One thing we don't like about the heater is that you can't set a specific temperature on the low fan setting. It automatically jumps to the high fan setting if you try to set a specific temperature.

Is this the best heater to get? This is the first heater thread of got to so far.

Does anyone do like I do and turn on the RV propane furnace for a bit to blow some hot air in the RV quick while the electric heater is heating up?

I would SO love to use the RV's propane heater all the time but my propane heater is built in and I don't want to be driving to the RV station every few days. So I will just use it like I said above just for short periods to quickly get some heat in the RV then switch to the electric heater.

Why can't propane be cheaper and not get sucked up so fast. If I could run the propane heater all the time I would be in heaven. It pumps out heat so quick. But having to drive over to the RV store every few days would just be to much for me. If I only had to go every 2-3 weeks that I could handle.

We had an oil filed heater and found the only way it heated a room was if a fan was blowing on it.  Got rid of them and got two little lasko ceramics that look like flowerpots.  Quiet and effective.  And about half the size of the towers.  We've been using them for several years without a single problem.  WalMart has them as well.  IMHO Lasko builds pretty good heaters.

https://www.amazon.com/Lasko-6435-Designer-Ceramic-Oscillating/dp/B000N22JX6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1476459332&sr=8-5&keywords=lasko+ceramic+heater

I also tried an oil filled heater before buying the Lasco. I had to virtually wrap myself around the oil filled heater to get warm. The Lasco puts out heat all over the room. I have been using it for five years now and I am still very happy with it.

I've had the exact same Lasko ceramic tower heater for 2 years now and agree it's fantastic.
Hate the oil filled ones. Takes too long to heat and sounds like you're making popcorn.

I know propane in the parks is high and it was in Houston.

A neighbor just topped off her 2 huge 500 gallon propane tanks
for $.99 a gallon.  That is the cheapest we have seen it here in
many a year.  But we buy from a place for MIL's house that you
prepay for the year, pretty neat.

I have a couple of Voranado's, they are good heaters.  My bathroom has 9 foot ceilings,
not warm enough for me in the winter so I run one when taking a bath.  Also use 2 of
them in the motorhome at times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom