Where to find info on older model rvs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HvyMtl

Ok, my google skills are letting me down.  And maybe my search skills, too.

Where can I find the floor plans, specifications, options, features, etc., for older model rvs?  Something like a specific website which has all the info - so I can know what the trailer has on it before I go look at it.  It seems very few manufacturers have links to older models.

Thanks!

Most of that info is not available online. There are literally hundreds of RV manufacturers, most of them are out of business. They made thousands of different models. Here is a list from NADA of all the RV manufacturers starting with the letter A:

A Frame Camper
A Liner
Abcor Homes
Abel Corporation (Heritage)
Abi Leisure Products (Achiever)
Abi Leisure Products (Award)
Achiever
Adirondack
Advantage
Adventure
Adventure Manufacturing (Adventurer)
Adventure Manufacturing (Timberland)
Adventurer
Aero Coach
Aero Manufacturing (Dutchmen)
Aero Manufacturing (Skamper by Thor)
Aero Manufacturing (Skamper Lite)
Aerolite
Airex
Air-Flo
Airstream
Alaskan
Alexxa
Alfa
Aliner (Cabin A)
Aljo
Aljo Alliance
Aljo Aries
All American Sport
All Star
Allegro
Allen Camper Manufacturing Company Inc (Idle-Time)
Alliance
Alpenlite
Alpine
Alpine Campers
Alpine Coach
Aluma-Lite
Alumi-Bunk Corporation (Crew Chief)
Aly
Aly Alliance
Amera Cruiser
Ameri-Camp
American Allegiance
American by Cobra
American Clipper
American Cruiser
American Dream
American Eagle
American Freedom Trailers
American Heritage
American Mobile Traveler
American Spirit
American Sport Trailer Co
American Star
American Tradition
American Travel Systems
American Travel Systems (Backwaters by ATS)
American Travel Systems (Belair)
American Travel Systems (Islander by ATS)
American Traveler
Americana
Americas by Forest River
Amerigo
Amwest Manufacturing (Playmate)
Angler
Apache
Apeco
Apeco Corporation (Roadcruiser)
Apex by Viking
Apollo
Arabian
Arctic Fox
Ardon
Argosy
Aries
Aristocrat
Aristocrat by Dutchmen
Aspen
Aspen by Frontier RV
Astro Star
Atco
Athens Park Homes
Austen
Auto Mate
Auto-Form Corporation (Tommy)
Avalon
Avalon RV
Avco
Avion
Award

How old?  I was thinking 15 years or less.  Mostly under 10 years.

Yeah, I saw that list on NADA and wondered if I was asking for the moon.

I doubt I will find anything on orphaned models.  Which makes my search limited to those brands still up and running.  That way if something breaks, that is not universal, I could possibly find parts.

There is a site or two when you Google with "floor-plan" in the search field that will sell you something --and sometimes it is what you are looking for. Yahoo has groups for some of the orphan models ranging from Bluebird Wanderlodge to ? and The Classic GMC has a webpage on the internet.

The good news is that most RVs ever built use the same components to build them. By becoming familiar with names like Norcold, Thetford, Magic Chef, and rating them to your preference, you will know what you are seeing. If you are near enough to a factory that makes RV's take a tour and then study the different types of construction. There are several chassis used in motor homes and you can find info on them. Kick a lot of tires of used RVs. And always ask here if someone knows where to find what you are seeking.

It depends on the manufacturer.  Many of the current manufacturers offer online archives of old marketing brochures with specs and floorplans.  When I was looking at a used Bounder earlier this year, I was able to get the brochure off Fleetwood's website.  I just checked again and Fleetwood has brochures back to 1999.  Try a search for "__________ brochure archive" for the brand you want (only without using quotes).  I just did it for Winnebago and Monaco.  Both had archives; Winnebago to 1981 and Monaco to 2000.

Just a guess, but you might have a little tougher time with travel trailers.  (Just checked Jayco and they have them going back to 2003)

I found a site; rvweb that has some basic specs and floor plans of a lot of the units out there but they don't go back too far.

Edit: Fix URL

dave61 said:
I found a site; rvweb that has some basic specs and floor plans of a lot of the units out there but they don't go back too far.

I had to change to www.rvweb.com to the link to get it to work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom