Grounded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave R

Due to Jeanette falling yesterdeay and breaking her ankle in three places we are grounded for the near furture. She is having surgery this
morning to insert pins and a plate. We will not be able to go to Texas this winter. By the time she heals and we get through the physical threapy
it will be sometime in Feb. and not worth the expense and the effort to make the trip.

Dave in NC
Jeanette in hospital

So sorry to hear that, Dave.  We were looking forward to seeing both of you in January on our trip to the valley.

Sorry to hear that but welcome to my world.  DW had open heart surgery at the end of August and I had total knee replacement at the end of October, so we are also grounded for about 2 more months.  Can't wait to get going again.

Dave,

Please tell Jeanette how sorry we are to hear of her injury and that you won't be going to Texas this year.  What a heart-break.  We are wishing her a speedy recovery a good thought and hugs are coming your way.

Daisy

Sorry to hear about Jeanette's fall. Some day, she and Mike can sit around a campfire and compare on notes on their ankles. And if they ever tell her to have the ankle fused, tell her to just do it. Mike waited 20 years before having it done and said he should have done it a lot sooner !

Wendy

Sorry to hear that news, Dave.  Hope all goes well for Jeanette.  This getting old stuff can be challenging at times!

Margi

So sorry to hear the news, but hope she will be able to tell the story of the fall when she feels better.  All of life has a good story.( or not)

Keep us posted on her progress.  We all want to see  RVForum Framily  healthy and  doing major hikes!

Betty

Dave:

Please give Jeanette our wishes for a quick recovery, we hope she gets through it as easy as possible. Sorry your plans are trashed.

Guess you get to plan a full summer next year to get back in the swing of things.

Hugs to you both. We hope to leave next weekend for the AZ/CA deserts after Dr Apts on Fri. The Dogs spent 2.65 hrs riding in the mh today as we did the vet certificates and a Abq PetSmart for a ramp for the oldest and a muzzle for the youngest. I have read of parks that require certain breeds to wear one.

See you on the road.

Dave,

We are really sorry to hear about Jeanette's accident. Please give her our best wishes and we hope for a quick recovery. Seems like something is always messing up the best laid plans. Sure hope we get to see you both again sometime soon!!! It's been too long.

Well the good news is they only had to put in two pins instead of three. AND she got to come home this morning. She has a walker and a
wheel chair for the next two weeks. After her incisions heal they will put a regular cast on and then we will see what happens.

Thanks to everyone for all the good thoughts and wishes.

Dave

We've decided to sit in GA tomorrow & watch it rain, snow & be cold.  Then head south when the sun shines Wednesday.

I'll keep you updated on the weather in Key West.

Joel

Dave,

Please tell Jeanette we wish her well real soon!  Breaks are no fun, but the voice of experience (Me!) says to make sure she does her physical therapy as scheduled and long afterwards as well.  I continued my elbow therapy for a full year and am so glad I didn't slack off because my use is 99.5 percent recovery.

Hugs too,
Ardra

Back
Top Bottom