Windows 7 Downloads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

I have always had to use a download manager in the past.  Since I got this new Toshiba I have been downloading 24/7.  Sure am glad I am grandfathered with unlimited downloads by VZ.  I know they sometimes put a stop to it, but it is pretty necessary with a new PC.  Have a hundred different utilities to acquire for this new baby.

At any rate I noticed that when I download, a ribbon pops up at the bottom of the screen that monitors the download.  It also keeps a record of downloaded files which I later move into their own folders for archival.

Does Windows 7 have a download manager?  Is this what I am looking at?  If so, will it pick up where it leaves off if the download is interupted?  If so, I am elated.  I never could understand why MSFT did not provide a download manager as part of the OS.

Smoky

If you are using Chrome then what you are seeing is browser specific information, Windows 7 does not come with a download manager.

I am using IE explorer. 

When downloading a nice ribbon comes up at the bottom and asks me if I want to run or save.  When I save it, it automatically puts it into a download folder and also shows me what other files have already been downloaded there.  It is different than what I have seen in XP and almost feels like a download manager.

p.s.  Anyone have a free Windows 7 download manager they recommend.  I use a very nice one in XP but it costs $30 bucks.

Smoky

That's a browser function, all of them do that.  It's not a download manager, it's a download monitor, as there is no scheduling capability.  If you used the same browser in XP it would work the same way.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom