EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Battery placement help  (Read 1809 times)

Big_D

• ---
Battery placement help
« on: November 28, 2011, 12:32:07 PM »
I just bought a 1994 Shadow Cruiser pickup camper and I cannot find where the battery goes. I can't even find any wires that would hook up to a battery. Can anyone help. please? Thanks

Alaskansnowbirds

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: Battery placement help
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 10:15:14 PM »
I just bought a 1994 Shadow Cruiser pickup camper and I cannot find where the battery goes. I can't even find any wires that would hook up to a battery. Can anyone help. please? Thanks

It's been years since I had a TC but the two I had used a second battery installed under the hood of the truck. I installed a deep cycle golf cart battery in parallel with the truck starting battery with a battery isolator in between.

On the ones I had there wasn't much that ran on 12v other than lights.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:17:41 PM by Alaskansnowbirds »
Don & Peg
Alaska/Arizona
Currently located here.
Weather at Camp Verde, AZ.

Mexray

• ---
Re: Battery placement help
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 12:04:45 AM »
If your camper's rear panels cover the tail lights on the pickup when installed, it must then have a harness that would be plugged into the truck's wiring system...IE to operate the tail lights, stop lights, turn signals, and a backup light...

This same harness would then be the primary power source for the camper's 12 volt lights, water pump, etc - IF - there's no actual compartment for a separate battery in the camper it self...

Most modern truck campers have their own battery (s) installed, with the harness for the rear lights also incorporating a POS wire that's energized from the truck's charging system through a relay to recharge the camper's battery while on the road...

Ray & Pat near Lodi, CA...

Hosted by Over The Network