Battery placement help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big_D

I just bought a 1994 Shadow Cruiser pickup camper and I cannot find where the battery goes. I can't even find any wires that would hook up to a battery. Can anyone help. please? Thanks

Big_D said:
I just bought a 1994 Shadow Cruiser pickup camper and I cannot find where the battery goes. I can't even find any wires that would hook up to a battery. Can anyone help. please? Thanks

It's been years since I had a TC but the two I had used a second battery installed under the hood of the truck. I installed a deep cycle golf cart battery in parallel with the truck starting battery with a battery isolator in between.

On the ones I had there wasn't much that ran on 12v other than lights.

If your camper's rear panels cover the tail lights on the pickup when installed, it must then have a harness that would be plugged into the truck's wiring system...IE to operate the tail lights, stop lights, turn signals, and a backup light...

This same harness would then be the primary power source for the camper's 12 volt lights, water pump, etc - IF - there's no actual compartment for a separate battery in the camper it self...

Most modern truck campers have their own battery (s) installed, with the harness for the rear lights also incorporating a POS wire that's energized from the truck's charging system through a relay to recharge the camper's battery while on the road...

Back
Top Bottom