New Bounder Diesel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Fleetwood introduced a new diesel model of the Bounder at the RVIA show in Louisville yesterday. It's part of the Bounder Classic seroes and features a Freightliner front diesel chassis powered by a 6.7L Cummins engine.  However, unlike the previous FRED front diesel, this chassis has air suspension as well as air air brakes, and the engine is mounted low enough to have a flat floor in the cockpit area. No more "doghouse".  Fleetwood says they have added extra sound and heat insulation to make it a quiet and cool ride as well.

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/11/fleetwood-bounder-classic-offers-diesel-option/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RvBusiness+%28RV+Business%29

I wonder how many would switch from a DP to a FRED?? Course from that report the difference is not so great. Wonder if there is a cost difference between models w/the two configurations..Not that I'd buy a new one...I bought my one and only new one in '78 .. my last new truck in '89 ..wish I had both back ..

They don't seem to have the new Bounder model on the Fleetwood website yet, so no pricing. The new Excursion 33 footer starts at $179.9k, so presumably the Bounder Classic Diesel would be a bit less.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabianonetto
Back
Top Bottom