Woodall Reps Resign in Protest at Good Sam's ending Woodalls after 2012.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These guys seem to think their customers should have been advised that the TL & Woodalls will merge after this year. I agree in principle, but don't think it would have changed their customer's decision to advertise (or not) this year in any meaningful way.

My understanding is that the books will be going online.  If that is the case, the advertsing would still apply.  And probaby a good idea as they would be more current and more accurate.

Sounded a little like sour grapes to me.  Change is inevitable and an online guide seems a good way to go.

Margi

Online is OK for those who have unlimited internet access access while in their spacious motor home cockpits, but those of us not as fortunate like to have the book to peruse get the data and make the decisions.

The printed directory is not going away, at least not yet.  There will be a combined "super-directory" that is available in print, digital (DVD) and online versions. Pretty much what they both now have, but merged into one. GS expects the online and digital versions to be the main growth areas as printed media declines in importance.

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/11/trailer-life-woodalls-to-form-super-directory/

Thanks for the info Gary. The digital or printed version would be OK for me. That's pretty much the way the US Military Campgrounds http://www.militarycampgrounds.us/ software works.. no printed version but when the program is opened it looks for internet access. If no internet, it opens to the digital directory which is updated several times per year.

I can handle that.  ;D ;D ;D

The problem is with two books, you have two sets of representatives in each area.  One rep for one book, one for the other.

Combining the two into a single book means you eliminate half of the representative slots.  You only need one rep per area to rate parks and sell advertising (BTW - these are usually done at the same time).

So half of the field workforce is eliminated, whether they quit or are laid off.  Sorry about that.

I don't have unlimited Internet access either but when I do, I make plans for the next few days, if I plan on traveling, and print out info on possible places to stop.  I also stop at McDonald's sometimes and do the same thing.  I just like the online version because the printed ones are at least one year old and possibly two or more years behind.  I have used them and tried to find a place and often find that the exit changed or they might have even closed.  And then I get told that this happened a year or two ago.  With the online version, they could be updating them monthly or at least quarterly and that seems like it would be an advantage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom