Julian Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wendy

Site Team
For all of you Julian pie lovers, we're sitting here at Anza Borrego Desert State Park, eating warm Dutch Apple Pie that we bought earlier today at the Julian Pie Co. Yum. Very nice day although a bit on the nippy side in Julian.

Wendy

Ok Wendy,

It's bad enough you tease us with Anza Borrego but to bring Julian pies into the equation just isn't fair!!!!! Payback is not going to be nice!! :)

Jim Dick said:
Ok Wendy,

It's bad enough you tease us with Anza Borrego but to bring Julian pies into the equation just isn't fair!!!!! Payback is not going to be nice!! :)

Maybe we can get a goup together to punish her for this!!  Not fair!    ;)

If it makes y'all feel any better, it was cloudy and breezy and really, really cold.....of course, that just made the warm apple pie taste even better  ;D

Evil...evil....woman!

For lots of years, a group of us horse gals would camp with our horses at Cuyamaca Horse Camp near Julian.  We'd make the trip into Julian for a night out, which also included bringing pies back to the campground.  Lots of fun and lots of calories.

Do you know about "Dudleys" Bakery at the intersection of #76 & #74.  They have lots of wonderful fresh baked goods and also sell Julian Pies.

Marsha~

Ok Marsha. You've stumped me. I know 74 goes up thru Hemet but have no idea where 74 & 76 come together ?

Is it ok to have apple pie for dessert :)

Wendy

Opps....#78 & #76.  It's Santa Ysabel.  #78 goes off to Escondido and #76 goes into Bonsall and highway #15

Hey kiddo, apple pie is OK for breakfast, the main course, and a midnight snack.  Tim eats his apple pie with a piece of cheese on it.  Apparently, that's the German way.  Me, being a southern gal likes it piled high with cool whip (fake ice cream)!  ;D

Marsha~

:( I haven't had any Julian Pie since '79 and it was on the list for this week. Maybe the end of next? ;) or, a drive from Indio!  ::)

Camp Stevens, jointly owned by the Episcopal Dioceses of Los Angles and San Diego, is 2 miles NE on CA 78. I staffed many events there and esp loved it in the summer as after 6AM in El Centro it is very uncomfortable outside.

Marie, I've been drooling ever since she brought this "pie"  topic up.

On a side note, where are you and did you get the modifications done on your coach?  If so, I (we) need some pictures!

Marsha~ (rooting through the house trying to find something sweet to eat)

Wendy said:
If it makes y'all feel any better, it was cloudy and breezy and really, really cold.....of course, that just made the warm apple pie taste even better  ;D

Really have to rub it in don't you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah Santa Ysabel, now I know where we're at. We're going thru there today on our way to Poway. Might have to stop at Dudley's on the way for some snacks. BTW, they do sell unbaked Julian pies at the ice cream store in Borrego Springs but I don't trust our MH oven to cook a pie nicely. And the drive to Julian was fun, too.

Wendy

Marsha,

We are in Tucson, getting ready to fly to Switzerland on the 17th for a 3 week visit with my daughter and family. After we get back we will get our plans in motion. Trust me I will keep you posted, with all the coming developments!

Now back to the pie......can't wait to get back to Julian for that pie and the date shakes at Dateland.

Marie

mariekie4, I experienced those date shakes last winter on my first trip to SoCal. They are fabulous

Jim G,

Yes, a group punishment is due!!!! :)

gdoug,

We're also in Florida with the same problem. Will have to fix that next winter after we leave Yellowstone!!! Maybe just not come back here and spend the winter out there!

Back
Top Bottom