NEW FORUM FLAGS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fred, I would like to have a new flag or two if you have enough.

Hi Fred,

Please put us on the list for a flag.

At some point, up front, or when the flags are in but before shipping, or with "an invoice" when shipped, please let me know the cost and I'll mail you a USD money order.

Thank you,

Doug

The flag is the forum logo as seen on the top of the page.

I'm having trouble picturing it, since the logo is square and the flag is rectangular. If the flag is the logo only, will it be stretched out? I guess I was thinking more along the lines of the square logo on a rectangular background of some color.  I'm not pushing for any particular layout - just trying to form a mental picture of what it will look like.

I've attached a quick mock-up of what I imagined as "logo on background". Proportions are probably off, but it conveys the idea.

Attachments

• forum-flag.JPG
    forum-flag.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 82
Gary; Now you mention it - I did not think of specifying the size of the logo in relation to the flag.  For the first flags that was not done either??  When time comes to place an order, I will do something about that.  Still waiting for the two other companies to respond.

Now you mention it - I did not think of specifying the size of the logo in relation to the flag.  For the first flags that was not done either??

Well, somebody must have done so when the old original design was layed out for the silk screen template.  I don't know what quality and size of image file Tom has made available for your use. Presumably it is  larger and better quality than the little logo at the top of this page,  which is real blurry even at 3x3.    On a 14x20 flag, the logo needs to be at least 7 inches square to be noticeable at all and I'd suggest more like 10 inches.  Don't know if that is possible with the graphic Tom has.

I saw that previously but took it as an example of what the logo looks like and not necessarily the best available image file for making things like flags or t-shirts.  It appears that displaying/printing full size on that file yields roughly a 6x6.5 inch image. Too small for a flag, in my opinion.  And it already has some jaggies, so I don't think it is practical to blow it up further, at least not without some additional artwork.

I have no idea if the flag companies do any image clean-up on this sort of thing when they make the silkscreen/template for the production run.  Probably available at a price, though.

I do not have one of the current flags at the house here to check the size of the logo.  It was made from one of the current decals.  That was given to the flag company at the time.

Will try to remember to call the two companies that have not answered - on Monday.

Fred,

the flag I have doesn't have the logo on it. Were there maybe two versions of the flag?

the flag I have doesn't have the logo on it. Were there maybe two versions of the flag?

Not that I am aware of.  The old flag has its own layout and does not use the old forum logo per se.  The same style would make a decent new flag too, merely by substituting  "WWW.RVForum.Net" for "CompuServe" on the central blue field. The flag company would probably do that for a fee.

Hi All,

Don't know if I'm treading on any traditions here, but as long as we're getting new flags, how about Framly members submitting NEW designs for it, and then have a vote to select the one most popular?

Aside from that, I think the "WWW" in the URL is pretty much universally understood, and only serves to make the name more unreadable - more letters equals smaller letters.

Comments?

Karl,
I think any volunteer designs would be receive due consideration. We've been using the one we have primarily because we have it and nobody has offered any alternative.  We don't seem to have any graphics dsigners willing to invest some time and effort.  On the other hand, a nice simple design is goodness and what we have is certainly adequate, if not exciting.

As for eliminating the "www", I thnk there is some merit to that if we need space.  However,  if we can increase the size of the logo to something that is in proportion to the flag dimensions, space and letter size is probably not a problem.  I don't know if anybody is actually working on doing that, though.

RV Roamer said:
I don't know if anybody is actually working on doing that, though.

Already discussed in the back room. It's waiting for me to get home and get into my archives to find the "original" image(s). Our return has been delayed a few additional days, but I figured it could wait until we get there  ???

Tom said:
It's waiting for me to get home and get into my archives to find the "original" image(s).

Tom,

You mean you don't have complete access to your home computers while on the road? We need to update your virtual network!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom