NEW FORUM FLAGS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Should work.. and string is lighter than the wire for the teather so who knows

Actually... I think button cells would be lighter still than AA's

(I have read the specs on weather ballowns, you knwo, 8' diamater things sold by Edmund Scientific... Amazing how LITTLE they can carry)

Heck, make it easy, get the magnetic pins with led's.  Leave off the magnet and drop the button in the balloon.  Wafer cell type battery, lasts forever.

I thought I had posted a message about the problem I am having with the forum flag project.  Do not see it here.  I priced the software to work in the same protocol that the flag companies need.  Runs from $200 up.  Soon as we can, we will drive a few miles north of Sierra Vista where the people live that did the first edition of the flag.  Might have better luck.  Have been held up for medical reasons since February and now have developed an eye problem that makes it difficult to see from one eye.  Surgery scheduled for the 1st of August.

Speaking of flags, I got two 8' ballons in the mail today, Now all I need is a flag painter who can work with latex paint to paint them,  Where I will find that, I have no clue at all

Or a light weight fabric "Bag" that can hold them, that can work too

now have developed an eye problem that makes it difficult to see from one eye.  Surgery scheduled for the 1st of August.

Fred,

As my wife, Peg, says: this getting old is not for sissies. 

Anyway, both Peg and I hope and pray that your surgery on the eye will go well.

Ciao,

Doug

I do not have time to read through this thread again.  Would someone be kind enough to concisely summarize where we stand on the new forum flag?

Hi Fred,

Good luck with the surgery. Be sure to do all the doctor says. Don't worry about the flags until you have recovered!!

Smoky,

It's currently in limbo until Fred is well enough to get prices from a different flag supplier. We'll post an announcement later. Meanwhile, the discussion has moved to Fred's upcoming surgery.

Fred sorry to hear you are having difficulties.  Sam & I will be thinking of you and remembering you in our prayers.  We hope for the best outcome with the surgery.  Please keep us updated.

Thanks Tom for the update. 

Good luck Fred with your upcoming surgery.  Last year I had cataract surgery.  Eyes are a precious asset and worth every effort to protect.  And the technology has advanced rapidly in recent years so I am sure you are in good hands.  My prayers for success will go out anyways! 

Phil
Motorcycles and Skating?  At the same time?  (G)  Ice, inline or roller? 

If the new flag looks like the old flag, I will be fine, and based on the amount of time I can actually get away, what I have will definitely do.  Mine has hardly been flown, it is still crisp. 

I finally got the Datastorm map fixed as it were, yes it was showing e instead of w

Now, an update on balloons.

As I noted, weather balloons did not do well,,, So I checked into advertising balloons,  Looks like a good advertising balloon will hang up there for about a week, at a cost of over $400... I'm still very temped to do it as I can often use the balloon and don't mind putting the RV Forum's flag on it. (And just now have the cash)

I need a bigger gaphic file though,  I need a full size blow-up-able file as the balloons are 7-8 feet in diamater

And I'm up on the sattalite dish again... (That was a job, I'v enearly 8 hours invested in talking with script heads in India, well about 7 of those, one with folks here in the US who knew what they were doing)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skidsteerpilot
Back
Top Bottom