Midwest RV Shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camperAL

Greetings,

I did a search for this topic but don't seem to get the results I was looking for.  Also don't see any topics in the library front section. It may be that owners are concerned about RV'ing and not so much about looking. Also got all kinds of shows in my search rather than the main idea of RV Shows in my area.

What are the best RV Shows in the Midwest people go to? I'd be willing to travel also to other areas in spring and fall to check out decent shows.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I have looked at the RV Travel com at the show schedule but don't have experience in knowing which ones are worth going to. I am focusing on camper vans  B size.

Thanks in advance.

CamperAL

The January 2012 issue of Motorhome magazine on page 16 has "RV Shows".  The first one in the list is the Ohio RV Supershow in Cleveland on Jan. 4-8.  There's also one in Chicago on Jan. 12-16, Cincinnati Jan. 13-16 & 20-22, Pittsburgh Jan. 14-22, 2012 Mid-America RV Show in Kansas City Jan. 26-29, and Sandusky OH on Jan. 27-29.  You didn't mention the type of RV, but Motorhome magazine's companion Trailer Life probably has a similar list.  Every issue of Family Motor Coaching lists the FMCA rallies and shows.  This is the time of year for RV shows, so you ought to be able to find a few.

By the way, RV owners are in a perpetual state of "looking" so don't be misled by the seeming lack of information.  Just Google RV shows 2012 and you'll find lots of them.  Many of our threads have to do with specific RVs or comparisons which may be why you didn't find much.  We also have in the library checklists for purchasing and delivery.

ArdraF

There is a big indoor one in Grand Rapids, Mi. and also Lansing. The one in Lansing is mostly travel trailers. They are both in January I believe. I forgot, Notre Dame use to have a big one in the spring.

Scott  :)

Late Greetings,

Thanks to everyone who suggested which shows to go to in the midwest. I will keep an eye out for those as they approach. Their is suppose to be a big one in St. Louis or somewhere in Missouri

I am looking forward to taking my time and checking out various makes and models. We are still focused on the Roadtreks but will give other types their due also. Best!

CamperAL

There is generally a show here in Oklahoma City in the spring.  When I start to see the info show up on TV
I will try to post a note on here.  It's a pretty good show generally.  It is about a 70/30 mix of TT to MH with
a dozen or so accessory vendors.  Typically it's a FREE Admission.  Free is Good ! !

Greetings,

Thanks for the additional info on shows!! One other question I might ask, is there a show devoted to B type Vans?? Be nice to see all of the B Van converstions at one show.

CamperAL

http://www.rvshowokc.com/

Oklahoma City RV Show.  Link to ad.  My mistake.  Costs $9 to get in . . . .
Local RV Dealers generally have some discount coupons you can get to reduce costs.

There is a FREE show in OKC also.  When I see the info on it, I will post also.
We will miss this one.  We plan to be in Phoenix area likely through the end of March.

Greetings,

Thought I would make myself useful. There will be an RV show in Indianapolis January 7th to 15th. Times are Mon. - Fri.  1 p.m. to 9 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sun. 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and located at the Indiana State Fair grounds. Adverised as the largest RV show in Indiana. Advertised as all the top brands and hundreds of RV's, motorhomes, travel trailers, toy haulers, fifth wheels. There is a url to go to: www.indyRVexpo.com      Presented by the central indiana RV Dealers.  Disclaimer: I am not associated with this show but wanted people that live near this to be made aware. All my best!

CamperAL

The Grand Rapids RV show is Febuary 2-5th.  The admission cost is listed as $8 adults, $3 children 6-14.

They say:

"A dozen West Michigan RV dealers representing more than 100 RV lines combined with 200,000+ square feet results in the biggest RV Show in the state - The Grand Rapids Camper, Travel & RV Show.  Along with new RV's, we have a remarkable selection of RV accessories, campgrounds and travel destinations!"

I think this will get you to the show site:  http://www.showspan.com/GRV/Home.aspx

Chicago has one about 10 days later:  http://www.chicagorvshow.com/

Hi Mnmnutswer,

Thanks for the info on the Staint Louis Show. Is this one of the larger shows or is there a better one that you know of?? I've heard there is one show there that is big and good to go to.

Hi Len and Jo,

Thanks for the info on the Grand Rapids Show. I got an invite from the dealer that I went to see the Roadtreks. Not sure if I will make that one but seems like one I would like to go to. Have to wait and see what the weather is going to be like further north at that time.

If anyone else has some show info from the midwest region, please post here if you would. I am looking and need to get into circulation before I buy. Best to all!!

CamperAL

February 3rd thru the 5th. in Lincoln,Nebraska at the Lancaster Event Center. It will be the 43rd. annual Nebraska Boat Sport & Travel Show.  They always have a good inventory of RVs

This will be our first show, so not for sure what they will have to offer. Here is the link for the information for the show in St Louis. 
http://stlrv.com/stlrv/January_RV_Show.html    We are looking forward to it.

There is one in Louisville, KY starting Jan 18th & running through the next Sunday.  Google boat rv show louisville and you should find it.  There is a list of vendors that will be there.

Back
Top Bottom