Florida RV Show & Roadmaster Tow Bar Repair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott-0168

I read somewhere that RoadMaster Reps at the large RV shows such as in Florida will repair or replace your tow bar at no charge. Anyone know if this is True?

Scott  :)

Roadmaster does free safety inspections at rallies they attend.  One or more of their employees cruises the RV parking areas looking for their towbars, and when they find one they do a free visual inspection, cleaning and lubrication and leaves a note on the rig with the results.

Mine have always been OK so I can't comment on what they do if they find a problem.  But a couple of years ago I had to fly from WA to CA to help during a medical emergency and my wife and her uncle followed driving the motorhome.  They bent the Roadmaster All Terrain tow bar by forgetting to unlock the steering on the toad.  I bought a temporary tow bar to get the rig from CA to Quartzsite and visited the Roadmaster booth at the Big Tent Show (which goes on same week as the RV Forum Rally). Roadmaster had a repair station set up in back and they rebuilt the tow bar for free.  However, I did give a tip to the tech who spent 4 hours of a busy day doing the work.

The RoadMaster crew at FMCA were charging a "tip for the guys" that varied by the time required last summer.

At the 2011 Escapades, I was talking to the guys in the truck about bringing my tow bar over to get it checked out because it thought it had some unusual wear on the part that mounts on the toad.

By the time I got back to my coach, they had done what Lou said: discovered my tow bar, cleaned my bar up, lubed it, and left a note.

That kind of service buys a lot of customer loyalty, and I bet if something had been wrong, I would have been treated very fairly at the truck.

Good stuff!  ;D

Back
Top Bottom