wedgewood atwood gas stove, burners a low, and oven keeps going on and off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frtwome

This problem just started happening this morning, My oven is set on approx. 350 and it keeps going on and off very quickly, the pilot stays lit. And then when I turn more that one top burner on, they are very very low flame. It is a 3 burner Wedgewood Atwood RV stove. In my 1995 Holday Rambler fifth wheel. Could this be a thermostat? Would a thermostat  also cause the burners to be so low burning also?

Sounds more like a gas flow problem. I would start by replacing the LP regulator - it sometimes gets clogged up if there is residual oils or water in the propane tank. Not expensive, usually about $20-$25 unless it is one of the fancy crossover regulators for dual tanks.

thank you for getting back with so fast. So, you think that possibly it is the gas coming into my home, maybe it's not the stove itself. I thought that it was the thermostat at first, because of the oven going on and off, but I don't know that the thermostat would make the burners, burn so low. If I have only one burner on, it seems to be ok. But as soon as I turn another burner on, they are both very low.

Is your propane tank full or getting low?  Seems to me if the tank is starting to get low the pressure would drop and that could cause poor burning.

ArdraF

Sounds like a propane supply problem.  Tank close to empty or regulator malfunction.  Maybe regulator not switching over to a full tank if dual tank supply?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom