Won't start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dewey Clawson

2003 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage Cummins ISC Spartan chassis.
Turn the key on and it won't start. Jump direct from the bat to the starter and it starts. All the appropriate lights on the panel come on. The transmission key pad does not light. Spartan says that means a blown fuse that sends the transmision n neutral signal to the ECM allowing the eng to start.

Anyone know where the ECM and transmission computer fuse block is located??????

Edit by John:  changed topic icon to Topic Solved

I suggest calling Winnebago Owner Relations at (800) 537-1885. Have your s/n at hand. They are normally very helpful.

I have had an occasional problem with mine for the past six years or so. BUT ...I have not noticed whether or not the trans panel is lit when it happens. Mine has always started normally after I turn the ignition off and on a few time and try again.

Dewey ...I note in looking back in my records that there was a "hard start/no start condition" fix recommended by Spartan in CSB02-175-022. I had it done under warranty in summer 2003, but have no idea what the "fix" was. Whatever it was, it might be worth checking out to see if it was done on your coach.

On my Spartan chassis, the transmission ECM and fuses are located in a seperate box inside the battery box,, clearly marked.>>>Dan

"On my Spartan chassis, the transmission ECM and fuses are located in a seperate box inside the battery box,, clearly marked.">>>Dan

Never did find the fuses. Talked to Winnebago couple of times then Spartan couple times then Winnie again then Allison. Allison wasn't convinced the problem was a fuse but maybe a number things that could be wrong. I searched under the transmission keypad and found the cable had come unplugged. Plugged it back in and vrooooom.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom