Mysterious switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Resurrecting this thread because I have the same issue.  Bought a 1994 Fleetwood Bounder 37 foot 30A shore power.  I have the same "mystery switch" located behind the toilet, out of reach of the shower.  Already have a water pump switch above the sink.  Hot water tank does NOT have electric option.  It is a simple OFF/ON switch but for the life of me can't figure out what it is connected to.

mjhensler said:
Resurrecting this thread because I have the same issue.  Bought a 1994 Fleetwood Bounder 37 foot 30A shore power.  I have the same "mystery switch" located behind the toilet, out of reach of the shower.  Already have a water pump switch above the sink.  Hot water tank does NOT have electric option.  It is a simple OFF/ON switch but for the life of me can't figure out what it is connected to.
Turn your bathroom light ON as usual, then flip the mystery switch, ... voila... you will discover what it's for.

Or sit on the toilet before you try that switch.  ;D :eek: ;D

Here is a classic case where the OP never got back to us as to what he found.  It would have been nice to hear the results.  Keep that in mind everyone. Thanks.  ;)

My coach has the heated tanks switch in the head, but it's marked. My Challenger had the tanks switch on the end of the counter by the sofa. Both made by the same company. Where they placed things in the coach is completely different too. Like the water heater and furnace is placed in one of the under belly bins so you lose the storage bay. My old Challenger was 3 ft shorter but had more storage in the bays than this coach. I liked the way the Challenger was thought out much better but like this floor plan better.

Rene T said:
Or sit on the toilet before you try that switch.  ;D :eek: ;D

Here is a classic case where the OP never got back to us as to what he found.  It would have been nice to hear the results.  Keep that in mind everyone. Thanks.  ;)
My earlier reply was directed at the person who "resurrected this thread" with the question about the switch behind the toilet in his Bounder.  That switch simply turns the ceiling light ON/OFF as long as the switch on the actual light fixture is left ON.

I can see where it would be difficult to determine the switches use, if the fixture switch was turned off, as nothing would appear to happen.  I guess my attempt at subtlety was a mistake.

Just Lou said:
I can see where it would be difficult to determine the switches use, if the fixture switch was turned off, as nothing would appear to happen.  I guess my attempt at subtlety was a mistake.

Maybe so, Lou. I was starting to think maybe the switch activated the ejection seat on the head. For those not-so-invited guest.
You know...a little sign pointing to it when more TP is needed for the "task at hand"?
POOF! Right out through the little 12' X 12' hole in the ceiling.  ;) :D ;D

denmarc said:
Maybe so, Lou. I was starting to think maybe the switch activated the ejection seat on the head. For those not-so-invited guest.
You know...a little sign pointing to it when more TP is needed for the "task at hand"?
POOF! Right out through the little 12' X 12' hole in the ceiling.  ;) :D ;D
You draw a very vivid picture, mark.  :D ;)

I have a 2007 Bounder. It actually has 4 switches in the bathroom. The main ceiling light, water pump, & the powered vent. The 4th one is to a small nightlight very close to the floor, similar to a license plate light on the bumper of a vehicle.

I just purchased this MH in November 2015. I'm still discovering and figuring out the "mysteries" of it. It' sort of fun though.

For instance, there's a cluster of switches on the dash area just ahead of the co-pilot seat, labeled compartment, entry step, porch, ceiling lights. Pretty obvious what these switches control. But, none of the bay lights worked on the left side, except the ones in the bay under the slide. I discovered the "utility" switch on the left side of the drivers seat actually turned all these lights on, hence "utility", these are bays with the elec, water, sewer, and the light in the rear at the radiator. Had one of those "ah-ha" moments when I figured this out.

denmarc said:
Be careful of all that "dashing".  You know about You Tube, right?

Searching for info on how to install additional lighted water control switch in the head and enjoyed the visual of you running all soaped up and naked!!! Gosh I love this forum!

Back
Top Bottom