Gulf Coast for Winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zulu

Thinking about doing a Winter around Corpus Christi or Port Aransas area. Anyone done that? Pros? Cons?

I sure have. Corpus Christi is one of my favorite winter hangouts. Especially Padre Island National Seashore. Free camping for two weeks at Malaquite Beach and there is also a great campground there. You almost have the ocean in your campsite. I am a bird photographer and it doesn't get much better than the Gulf Coast.

Great -- I know the temps looks good, but is it stormy, windy, . . . or just perfect like I hope?

zulu said:
Great -- I know the temps looks good, but is it stormy, windy, . . . or just perfect like I hope?

Well I have never had a weather problem there in winter, but the chance is always there. No part of the country has perfect weather. I came to southern California for this winter and the weather has been lousy since I got here. But the way I figure it if the weather is bad here it is really bad everywhere else in the country.

We live in the Rio Grande Valley...just south of Arransas.  It's been cold (40's) and drizzly this week but should clear out soon.  Usually have a couple of freezing nights between now and Feb but also lots of 70 and 80 degree days.  Fishing is good,  SPI is nice but the North side of the island has less traffic...also less places to eat etc.  SPI is pretty touristy.  Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom