Portable Gas Grills

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Conquest2011

I know there are hundred million gudzillion portable gas grills out there. However, I am in the search for the perfect one, for me that is. I am looking for something that is of good quality and easy to clean and be able to store in basement of the RV and enough grill space to cook for 4 people.  So, if you have any that is your favorite let me know I will check it out. Not worried about the price tag.

I have a "Tail Gater" that I bought at Sams.  Cost was about $80.00, but to date I have not used it, so I cannot give you any applicable feedback.  It was however fully stainless steel constructed and we bought the optional table for it to rest on.  It stores easily in Adventurer
basement.  It will get a workout in Phoenix and Quartzite this winter.

Man are we happy with our Coleman!  Have the grittle plate with it and are very happy.  Have used this unit on vacation and also to cook burgers and dogs for work get together's, over 20 people!

Attachments

• lxeassemblygif_lg.gif
    lxeassemblygif_lg.gif
    93 KB · Views: 43
Whatever you find,, try to get one that has a temp gauge built in.  I have one that's great to use because the temp gauge inables me to adjust to a set temperature and hold it for predictable cooking . Low- med- high does'nt cut it.      >>>Dan

Used a Coleman One Trip for three months - threw it in the trash. Bought a Weber Q120 - great grill. Took it to the stick and brick and retired the big gas and charcoal grills and bought another one for the motorhome.

We use a coleman and it has given us very good service. My advice is to get a small moel that you can sit on a  picnic table instead of the larger ones with legs. Much easier to store in an RV.

We love our Weber Q and if you walk around any campground, you'll probably see more Q's than anything else. Nothing cooks like a Weber.

Wendy

Wendy said:
We love our Weber Q and if you walk around any campground, you'll probably see more Q's than anything else. Nothing cooks like a Weber.

X2 the model is now called the Q100.  We love ours.

docj said:
X2 the model is now called the Q100.  We love ours.

X3 on the Q.  We have a Q 200, and even though it is a little bigger that we actually need, it cooks better than any other grill we have ever owned.

Paul

I guess we are X4 on the Weber Q.  We had a portable charcoal grill that did the job, but decided to move up (gave away the charcoal grill).  We use the Weber often and have been very pleased.  I normally do quite a bit of research before purchasing, and the Weber easily won out.

We have the Coleman Roadtrip. It's "ok". It cooks very well and I love the interchangeable grates/grills but I find it hard to keep clean and the side shelves are useless.

thedoc said:
We use a coleman and it has given us very good service. My advice is to get a small moel that you can sit on a  picnic table instead of the larger ones with legs. Much easier to store in an RV.

We have run into some (maybe 5 or 6) campgrounds in the last couple of years that did not allow grills to be set on the site picnic tables so we have a lightweight table we carry just in case. After seeing some of the damaged tables that look like grill mishaps I can understand why some would not want them used as grill stands.

Regarding the Webers. I have the model 100. It is the smallest I believe. The only plastic part is the temperature control  knob. Everything else is metal. If a couple of small hitch pins are removed the lid comes off which makes it easier to store. The grate is cast iron.

There is a metal pan underneath that catches drippings. They make little aluminum foil liners for the pan. The pan slides out so the liner can be discarded. You can also line it (the pan) with plain old aluminum foil.
The quality is such that I suspect it will outlast me.

Regarding cleaning. A friend showed me how he does it and it works well. He covers the grate with aluminum foil, lights the grill, sets it on high and closes the lid. After about 20 minutes a white powder is about all that is left on the grate under the foil. Remove the foil and the grate can be brushed clean.

I bought a 3/8Th's 16"X16" porcelain tile from Home Depot.($2.49)  It serves two purpose's,, under the grill when necessary,, and in the oven when baking to disperse heat evenly.>>>Dan

About the cheapest Weber made.  At $50.00 it is cheap,light,easy to clean.  And it is small enough to fit just about anywhere.

donn said:
About the cheapest Weber made.  At $50.00 it is cheap,light,easy to clean.  And it is small enough to fit just about anywhere.

The Weber's on line I saw were $100.00. Where do I find $50.00?

Scott  :)

The Weber Go Anywhere is the least expensive gas Weber. There are 3 or 4 Weber Qs, including an electric one. If you like charcoal, the Smoky Joe is a great little charcoal grill.

Wendy

Back
Top Bottom