Another source of free ebooks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
This site with the strange name, http://blog.booksontheknob.org, has daily free books for Kindle, Nook, and others.  I've found nearly one a day recently, enough to keep me in reading material for a long time.

Thanks Ned. You can never have too many books or ebooks or websites to get ebooks.

Wendy

I knew you would like that source.  And you can never have too many free ebooks.

That one may come in handy. I've noticed that Baen is starting to change their philosophy (Jims' gone, new mgmt?) and charge big time ($15 ea.) for popular authors (DRake and Weber for example). Oh Well! once you are hooked!
Ernie

Try epubbud.com, lots of books, lots of formats.

Wendy
So many books, so little time.

If you read series and want the order written check out FictFact.com.  If you go the the home page they will want you to register but you do not need to.  Instead just google "FictFact.com" and you can check out by author, series etc.  I just discovered this site but it looks like a jewel.

Jennifer

Ernie n Tara said:
That one may come in handy. I've noticed that Baen is starting to change their philosophy (Jims' gone, new mgmt?) and charge big time ($15 ea.) for popular authors (DRake and Weber for example). Oh Well! once you are hooked!
Ernie

When I visit the Baen free library.. One of the things I notice is that you often find say book one in a series (Example: The lark and the Wren by Mercedes (Misty) Lacky) but the next book in the series.... not there.  OH, I'm currently reading a different book by Ms. Lacky. (Or if you like Mrs, Niven, yes, her husband is Larry Niven, read a few of his too)

Just enough in  the free library to get you well and truly hooked.

John From Detroit said:
Mercedes (Misty) Lacky) but the next book in the series.... not there.  OH, I'm currently reading a different book by Ms. Lacky. (Or if you like Mrs, Niven, yes, her husband is Larry Niven)

Huh?

Wendy, I saying the BAEN free library has one or two books in a larger series.  I used Misty's books as an example.  I might add the one I'm reading now is not in that particular series.

As to her having an author husband,, What's so strange about that?

My "huh" was for your comment that Mercedes Lackey is married to Larry Niven. She is actually married to Larry Dixon and lives in OK. Larry Niven is married to Marilyn Joyce "Fuzzy Pink" Wisowaty and lives in L.A.

Wendy

Niven, Dixon, what's a few letters compared to actual fact checking :(

ferfer said:
If you read series and want the order written check out FictFact.com.  If you go the the home page they will want you to register but you do not need to.  Instead just google "FictFact.com" and you can check out by author, series etc.  I just discovered this site but it looks like a jewel.

Jennifer, thanks for this site.  I often download a series and then don't know what order to read them in.

For those of you that like science fiction, and haven't discovered the Honor Harrington series, I suggest you check out this site for free downloads of all the books in the series.  Other sites are selling most of these for $2.99 and up for each volume.  There are 12 books in the Honorverse series, 5 anthologies, plus 2 other 2 volume sets, enough to keep anyone busy for several months :)  Honor Harrington is like Horatio Hornblower in the 25th century and is really addictive.

Thanks Ned. Just what I need, more SF books on my Nook ! So many books, so little time :)

Wendy
Crystal Cove State Park, CA

Don't forget that you can also "borrow" ebooks from the public library for nook and (now) for kindle.  Here's a link to our Harris County public library ebook page.  http://hcpl.lib.overdrive.com/EE4E8E11-EEB4-4019-9D18-7BBE14ED7B43/10/445/en/Default.htm

Ive been reading Baen free library books for about 5 years now, one thing about being in your 60,s is by the time you read all the books you can start over again and they are almost like you never read them :p

I'll second the 60+ comment; just completed re-reading the Honor Harrington series and most of the other David Weber books.  I now own complete sets of both paperback and ebook copies. John Ringo, David Drake and Lois McMaster Bujold are other author's I've re-read and the same applies to both of them (except for the very newest releases).
Ned; if you haven't gotten hooked on the Miles Vorkosigan series (Bujold), you've got another treat coming. It compares favorably with Harrington.
Ernie

Back
Top Bottom