Canam Spyder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catblaster

Wondering if anyone has experience with BRP'S Canam Spyder? DW saw one friday and wants it.....that pretty much says it all doesn't it. We haven't been able to ride two up since I Ill this year and she and I really miss it, I sure hate to get off my Harley but it may be time. The Framily are the only ones I would really trust to be honest about their experiences. Thanks  Will

I ride with a couple that has one of the non-touring models, he rides a Victory and she rides the Spyder and loves it.  We have put in a number of 400-500mi days and she always seems comfortable.  They have had no serious problems that I am aware of. 
I have test driven them a few times up at Americade, it has plenty of power and the RT has alot of options.  If my knees get to a point that I cannot hold up my bike I would consider this over a conventional trike, but I prefer the feel of 2 wheels in the corners.  Can you keep both and let her ride the Spyder?
Good luck,
Jim

Haven't ridden one myself but I know several people who have them and they all love them. Still get wet when it rains though.

In talking  to a couple of SKP leaseholders and riders at Saguaro in Benson, I brought up the Canam Spider. I eas told that a previous leaseholder had one but his was a lemon and was always being taken in for something.

Even the best of anything could have been built starting on someones bad Friday and finished on Monday after their worse than bad weekend.

Thanks for the responses, I'm going to try and test drive one tomorrow. Thinking I may be too "School" to drive one of these. One reviewer for an internet mag claimed it was totally unsafe above 55, learning curve is too high for someone used to riding a real motorcycle. Most people seem to love them after they get used to the handling.
    DW had a 1200 sportster last year but never got the hang of clutch and steering....almost got hit by toyo coming out of our road. She finished the ride then tossed me her keys and said "looks like you got yourself another one", traded it in for a street bob. We both prefer to have her behind me so we can talk, point, and share the views better.....it adds closeness.
    Bob, I had two corvettes once, one built on June 4th 1967, the other built on June 7th 1967. they were two different years but built 3 days apart. The 67 was excellent but the 68 rattled and shook till the day I got rid of them. Must have been a weekend in between.
    I tried to ride a three wheeled bicycle several years ago and only made it a few feet, and one left turn....just couldn't get the hang of it all.

Will,
Consider a bike to bike communication set up like a Sena SMH10; while rated for longer distances, 1/4mile is good.  The handling is different than anything you have experienced, it has an electronic control system that will slow automatically slow down if the outer shocks compress excessively.  It will take getting used to.

Jim

Well it looks like "she who must be obeyed" has changed gears about the Spyder. now looking at Harley trike or trike kit.

In either case I have been scheduled for an evaluation Tuesday for lung xplant....now all things are on hold. Hope someone can put in a good word for me with the man upstairs,,later gang and Happy new year.  Will

Back
Top Bottom