Eastern Sierra trout opener coming soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
The trout season in the Eastern Sierras opens Saturday, April 29 although some fisheries will not be accessible due to snow conditions. Check out the Sierra Drifters web site for current conditions, photos and fish reports.

I can't wait for the snow to melt.  Looking forward to heading up 120 towards the Dardanelles (sp) area.    Tons of great camping spots up there.
Some nice lakes up there also...fulll of trout. 

Dardanelle is a great location. But keep going on Hwy 108 over Sonora Pass and there's some good fishing in the Owens and Walker Rivers. Keep going on Hwy 395 and Mammoth Lakes has some great fishing - stream and lakes.

Looking forward to seeing photos of your fish!

My nieghbor heads over the Sonora Pass into Bridgeport.  He fishes all those lakes over there.  I think one he goes to quit ofetn is Twin Lakes ( I think thats the name).
It's a long drive but he catches trout by the ton up there.

Yes, Twin Lakes is around the Mammoth Lakes area. Attached is a photo I took of the two lakes.

Attachments

• Twin lakes_sm.jpg
    Twin lakes_sm.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 27
Hmmm, I always thought they were bigger.
The top of Sonora pass is so darn far away I just can't see myself heading that way again for a long time.  Esp. with gas prices what they are today.  I have always like Pincrest Lake.  Not too far, beautiful lake and surroundings, always walk away with a fish, great for kids, and I think they have a 20 mph speed limit on the water which I like.
I have been hitting all the Sierra Foothill lakes recently...Camamanche, Don Pedro, Melones...learning how to use my downriggers.  Been doing good so far with several rainbows and/or kokanees for each pole. 
I am hitting the delta after about 4 month break from it.  Launching at Wimpies Marina off Thorton & I-5.  Going to troll this time.     

Understand the gas issue. Of course, if you were going to Mammoth Lakes, you could go over Tioga Pass. Still quite a ways to go though.

We just got home from an RV trip, so I'm a bit out of touch with the state of Delta fishing. But I'll be hitting he water once I get my fix-it list complete on the coach.

I think the Twin Lakes FX was referring to is the one by Bridgeport.  Phenomenal fishing...huge browns and rainbow's.  Record trout come from Twin Lakes, Bridgeport, and it has spectacular scenery to boot.

dustinbriq said:
I think the Twin Lakes FX was referring to is the one by Bridgeport.

Ah, thanks. Just found it on the map - didn't realize it was there.

This last saturday I took a drive up to Sonora Pass up 108.  Not in to the stream fishing but I don't see how people are fishing those streams...it looks like a river after a dam break upstream!

They're reporting record snow melt runoff right now, so that might be why you saw the high flow in the streams.

Back
Top Bottom