Dish washers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BernieD

Smoky said:
Before you make a final decision on the dishwasher, I advise consulting with Maureen and Bernie!

Smoky

It is Marlene. And she doesn't use an ironing board in the coach either. A couple of towels across the bed or dining table when touch up is needed.

Ian, Marlene wouldn't have it any other way. We bought our coach on site instead of ordering it and it came with a washer/dryer. Since Marlene wasn't interested in the W/D, the deal was contingent upon the factory replacing the washer/dryer with a dishwasher and Marlene has been a happy camper ever since. If we ordered new, we would specify the Fisher/Peykel built in dishwasher in place of the oven. Enjoy.

we would specify the Fisher/Peykel built in dishwasher in place of the oven.

Bernie, we have a pair of Fisher & Peykel dish drawers in the kitchen at home, one each side of the sink. (They could be stacked so they'd occupy roughly the space of a regular D/W). When we remodelled, we designed the entire lower half of the kitchen with drawers rather than cupboards with spaces we wouldn't get to in later life. We thought the F&P were the neatest thing in addition to being very quiet. But we have found that the two F&Ps combined hold significantly less than a regular D/W, and their water conservation doesn't do much for getting dishes clean. As a result of this experience, when we've looked at coaches that had the P&K pre-installed, we've commented that would have to be first thing to be removed/replaced.

I'm sure others think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. But I grew up adjacent to a bakery and I'd see our loaf coming out of the oven. No slicing machine there.  :)

Tom

Interesting. This is the first user review we've seen. Marlene has always liked the looks and specs of the F&P and one friend has one in their coach and they like it.

Our dishwasher in the coach is an "apartment" size model taking up nearly the same space as the w/d that it replaced. It uses more water than the F&P but does have a fairly large capacity and does a nicely efficient job.

Maybe with your and Chris' review Marlene may rethink the F&P but for sure would get another dishwasher :)

Tom,

Your comment on the Fisher & Peykel (F&P) is the second review I have seen or heard about this diswaher.  Your review very much mirrors the first evaluation from a owner, maybe a previous owner since they mentioned it was being replaced with something different.  Since Sam has no desire for a dishwasher in the MH I never really looked into them.

Bernie/Ron

Probably like a lot of things, we might be the odd ones out. A friend who is currently remodelling her kitchen has ordered a pair of F&Ps to be mounted in the stacked configuration. She did this in spite of our comments because they were the only drawer model she could find and, like us, is looking to avoid bending and crawling on the floor in later life.

I probably ought to  mention that we first saw the F&Ps in the kitchen of someone's relatively new house. We were impressed with the quietness of them both running while we were standing there having a conversation. The lady said she loved the F&Ps, although standing right next to us was the contractor who built the house and who recommended the F&Ps.

The lady said she loved the F&Ps, although standing right next to us was the contractor who built the house and who recommended the F&Ps.

Maybe she got a partial refund for making favorable comments.  I have never seen them in operation just seen or heard the two comments.

They're certainly impressive when you first see and hear them (well, at least as impressive as dishwahser go  :)). They look really great in our kitchen too.

Back
Top Bottom