SHOWER ENCLOSURE REPLACEMENT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phelpo

Has anyone replaced their shower enclosure?  My better half wants to replace ours
since it is that ugly gold color.  We have removed all the handles and hingles
and painted them silver.  Now the enclosure.  Have looked at Lowes and
think those would work.  I'm looking for someone who had already done it.

Phelpo

I talked to Winnebago about removing one for maintenance purposes and they said they are difficult to remove and replace. If you just want to change it you wouldn't be worried about reinstalling it. There are now a lot of paints that work with plastic, vinyl and fiberglass.

I just had a tub refinished that was a old faded dirty yellow color.  It is now dazzling bright white and looks like a million bucks. It was sanded, had some chips fixed, and was sprayed with several coats of an epoxy coating.  The cost was $340 and it took one day and was ready to use 48 hours later. 

If you are talking about the glass enclosure, I am doing that now.  I ordered the new enclosure from Winnebago parts thru Lichtsinn Motors.  Removing the old was easy.  Now I have found out that the shower stall has faded to several colors due to the sun coming in the skylight.  I have to refinish it before I install the new enclosure.  I looked everywhere for a new enclosure before ordering this one, but of course it is not a standard size.  They are PRICEY.  It may be cheaper to get a new shower stall with enclosure from a home improvement store.  Would be easy enough if you are handy with the plumbing.
I am doing the debrassification this winter also.  Sure are a lot of cabinet pulls and hinges.  Not sure how I will deal with the ceiling fan yet.

thanks for the replies, yes there are a ton of hinges and handles to paint,  takes time to do them all
but it sure makes the rig look newer.  forgot and all the light frames,, mine must have 20 or so....

Phelpo

Ok,

:
I have a crack in the bottom of the tub. Want to go ahead and replace the whole shower/tub unit. There are these little white button within a button fasteners all over the shower walls. What are they called and how do I get them out?

Also, any tips about ordering a new unit? Where to look for good deals, things to avoid, etc...

Thanks,

Cody

Cody - suggest you create a "signature" in your forum profile that specifies what kind of rig you own.  Makes it so much easier when asking a question.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom