04 Adventurer slide problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nimrods

Suddenly front and back slides do not fully extend or retract.  Friend suggested to run engine 15 minutes.  Slides retracted.  He thought problem was amp related.  Checked battery; it was 6 years old.  Replaced with one with 800 cca.  Same problem with the slides.  Could the problem be related to the alternator?

I have an '04 Itasca Suncruiser, the sister to yours.  A few years ago I had a problem with the front slide not closing all the way and even creeping open.  It turned out to be a solenoid.

The fact that it is both of yours leads me to think it may be something else that perhaps controls both slides at the same time.  As you can tell, mechanically inclined I'm not but it sounds to me as it could be something fairly simple to fix once it's found.  Hopefully someone else here will pop up soon with the answer, but keep the solenoid in mind.  Good luck.

Are they HWH slides? If so it could be a pump and/or shuttle valve.

I also have an 04 Adventurer and have had some problems with HWH slides and jacks. HWH were always very helpful and good on their warranty. They also finally explained to me the most important maintanance tip.
Do not operate slides or jacks with weak batteries, low voltage brings up the amps and destroys the solenoids.
They are fairly easy to change on my coach and have done it a few times, hopefully that is the problem.
Call HWH when you are at the coach and they will run some diagnostics and help you out.

Thank you, Pete

Could this happen to the slides on any brand motor home with weak batteries?  ???

Scott  :)

I almost always run the engine to bring in slides and then retract jacks.  I think that was one of the first things I picked up from this forum. 

Back
Top Bottom