leveling jacks and fluid level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdq

Hi Everyone:

I previously posted about the leaking leveler jack (thank you to the help with that post) ? and yes, that jack has now been replaced

Today?s question: I want to check if the fluid level is okay. I believe we have a dip stick (it has a red end ? no label) right beside the oil dip stick (which has a yellow end ? and labeled ?oil?). And, if it is low, where do I add fluid?
It might help to know; we have a 2009 Suncruiser, 8.1 workhorse, and our jacks are by Power Gear

THANKS
regards, pdq

My system is HWH but you can go to the PG web site below and find your op's manual. They seem to have quite a bit of info there if you know what model leveling system you have.

http://www.powergearus.com/tech-docs

Usually the dip stick, if there is one, for the levelers is on the tank itself. The one near the oil dipstick is probably the transmission fluid level.

Fluid levels for leveling jacks should always be checked with the jacks in the stored position.

What Jim said. The yellow dipstick is usually the transmission fluid and the engine oil is typically red or black. The dipstick for a Power Gear reservoir is part of the cap on the reservoir, which is typically located in/near the left front wheel well in a Workhorse gas chassis motorhome.

thanks Mavarick
yes, visited the site and read the books - just trying to learn more (folks here have significant first hand experince)

thanks Jim
the manual from winnebago notes about the dip stick, "if equiped"
and if there is not dip stick - how the heck to you check the level!?

thanks Gary
but you got it backwards; yellow = oil
(and it is labelled "oil"

as for the red, there is no label on it

regards, pdq

On my 08 Journey, the dip stick is in the top of the fluid tank. Tank is in front of the right front wheel. Even though the dip stick may show full, Power Gear advised me to add 1/2 cup fluid at a time until the jacks down warning light did not go off on a sudden stop. Seems to work.

pdq,

I don't have a dipstick on mine either. Just fill it until I can feel some liquid with my finger. Just do it slowly so it doesn't all start to run out on the ground. It doesn't take much to put out the alarm.

Well not sure if this is the correct forum, but does anybody know why Winnebago  is using Power Gear leveling jacks instead of HWH ?

Thanks, Pete

Just for a fun fact: My tank is under the drivers seat, behind the battery comp., covered with a piece of tin and 4 screws.
Getting to it is tough, but much to my wifes dismay I found that a turkey baster is just right for adding fluid.
Now next trip to the store I have to buy her another one-she would not use this one, don't know why.????

dkk47 said:
Well not sure if this is the correct forum, but does anybody know why Winnebago  is using Power Gear leveling jacks instead of HWH ?

Thanks, Pete

Hi Pete - welcome!

I speculate that Winnebago changes suppliers for a variety of reasons.  If they can find a product that does just a good of a job or better than a current product that meets requirements for less cost, they will switch suppliers.  I also speculate that there might be relationship issues between Winnebago and a supplier that is a catalyst for change - quality of product, lack of support, etc.  My belief is they are interested in providing the best product for the least manufacturing cost with the best B to B relationship between them and the supplier.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom