We sold the Winnie!!

• Thread starter PatrioticStabilist
  • Start date
The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P

PatrioticStabilist

WE JUST SOLD THE WINNIE, YAH RAH!

Our neighbors stopped by a few months ago and asked if we were going to sell it since we got the diesel.  I told them it would be awhile was going to take a trip etc.  They said no hurry.  We also found out he did insurance, commercial too so I asked about him pricing policies for us. He was not trying to sell, I had to ask him what he did and he told me.  We have been looking for a good agent and policies for years.

They kept watching the motorhome and I told them the young man would be in it 2 weeks then we were selling.  So they came by today, looked it all over, and we went for a drive.  They were just thrilled.  Went home got the checkbook and wrote us a check for it.

We reviewed the insurance he had and we have way way better coverage at half the price, so we had a very productive day.  We had been needing liability on rent houses for years and now have that.

Now I will wait till I get the first payment on Tom's new truck and call for the payoff and pay it off and tuck the rest back.  Needless to say we are out dollars of course, but we got a huge chunk of it back plus the fun of driving it and traveling.

A very very good day.  As Tom said we didn't have to advertise or anything.

Good for you!  Wow, what luck to have a neighbor with a mutually beneficial relationship.  And they sure know where they can come to ask questions!  ;)  Guess now you'll hafta use the DP!  ;D

ArdraF

Congrats! Been trying to sell mine for some time now. Seems everyone is looking for the 10K to 15K motor home! My 06 Winnebago Outlook is better quality then a lot of Class A's on the market.

Scott  :)

We are working on it today and hope before he goes back to have the roof all done, new AC's in and satellite TV.  He said it won't be ready for us to go on a trip till he gets back he is pretty sure so 10 more weeks.  He wants to change out all the hoses and belts.  He said he is also going to look at all the air bags in the system and see if they need replaced.  As he said if they haven't been for 20 years they will sure need it.  He will work his way all through it. Filters, oils, etc. I said what if I want to go and take it to an RV place, so I can.  He says it would be cheaper for you and Sue Anne to take a cruise and let me do it.  Hey, that sounds good to me.  He! He! ;D  That will definitely work.

Also I need to get started on planting seeds to start for my garden.  I won't be able to go much till its done anyway so that will work.

A cruise, hummm, to where?

Congratulations!  I'm jealous as can be, though.  We, too, have been trying to sell our 29R for a couple of years with no luck.  If you have any other neighbors, feel free so send them our way!

Scott as the weather gets better you may be able to sell it.  I don't know if you are in the north or south but I think its easier down here.

PPL sells a lot of motorhomes here in Houston, these folks had been down there to look before.  I fear selling through them we might have taken a beating on price.

Hey, I know we were beyond lucky, I'm still pinching myself. 

PatrioticStabilist said:
A cruise, hummm, to where?

Alaska, the Inside Passage, is a fine place to visit, and (to me at least), the cruising part is less boring since I can usually see shore on one or both sides (except for the day at sea each way), along with watching whales, porpoises, bears eagles, etc. right from the deck.

PatrioticStabilist said:
Scott as the weather gets better you may be able to sell it.  I don't know if you are in the north or south but I think its easier down here.

We are in Florida  now for the winter!

Scott  :)

Sue Anne and I enjoy the cruises, we like the slots!  Going swimming, listening to music throughout the ship, shopping, and  the excursions. We have been on 3 so far.  We have been river tubing in Jamaica and in a mini sub in the Caymans, been to Cancun and seen Tinochtitlan (sp?) and other sites there.    I like to get a room with a balcony so I can sit out in the morning or evening. 

I wouldn't mind the one through the Panama Canal, been eyeing that one for some time.  Will only get if I find a good sale on one.

But I will miss the motorhome though we didn't get to go much last year.  Hopefully this one will be good and we can roam around this year.  Still want to go to Yellowstone if possible, just have to see how it goes.

Well that's not so good is it.  I worried we wouldn't be able to sell ours either.  Just got lucky I guess.

Carolyn,

If you haven't already taken it, there is a Caribbean cruise out of Houston that stops at Xcaret (pronounced icaret) park in Mexico. That is an ecopark set up on Mayan ruins; float an underwater river, swim with the Dolphins, butterfly enclosure, nice restaurant,  etc., etc. We really enjoyed our stop there (even on a Christmas cruise - never again!). We actually bought the book; a first!

Ernie

[quote author=Ernie n Tara]... float an underwater river...[/quote]

Ernie, I'm curious ... what's an underwater river? Could that be an underground river?

Thanks Ned. I guess I won't be 'floating' that river.

Carolyn,

You and Sue Anne would both enjoy the Panama Canal cruise.  It's fascinating!

ArdraF

I beleive one of that orginates in Florida and returns there.  The other originates there and ends in California. 

I'm thinking if we do go I would like to ride a train back from California, mabye even to Florida but have to check.  Sometime ago we considered that and it was just to expensive to do.

Just thinking on it right now so not sure of any of it.  If I don't catch up around here I will be here working. 

The rentals and these motorhomes are time killers.

Tom is taping stuff off out there getting ready to put on the primer.  He has told me twice now its sprinkling.  Not supposed to matter with this stuff and its under cover anyway.

I expect the underwater/ground river was actually the Mayans' sewer. You put on a life jacket and float about 1/2 mile to the bay where the Dolphin's are. There are periodic cenote like accesses perhaps every 200 yards.
Ernie

Some were used for ceremonial purposes.  But from what I've read the soil there is very porous and won't hold water.  They said a lot of the root systems don't go deep the only way the tropics in the area is sustained is because it rains everyday.  I believe they actually used those for getting their water from for daily living. 

They have theorized the decline of the mayas may have come about from overpopulation plus a severe drought.  Though it sounds like to me they killed off enough people constantly to deplete the population.

If  you see that one huge pyramid, the tenotlitan one, where the ball court and all that is its not what you think.  I climbed to the top of it.  They had rehabbed one side of it, the pyramid itself is a big pile of rock and dirt and then is covered with big slabs of cut stone.  On one of the other sides you could see that.  When you get to the top of it and look around out in the jungles far as you can see there are tops of other stone structures, its unbelieveable what they did build there.  I bet it would be amazing if they cleared lots more of it to see.

Of course there were other civilizations there too like the toltecs. 

In Mexico City there is still supposed to be some remnants of the floating gardens they had there.  They built up areas of dirt that they farmed and then had canals all between them.  Just amazing what ancient peoples were able to accomplish if you think about it.  I'm sure since they did not have modern implements they did use the captured peoples as slaves to do all the backbreaking labor required. 

I've always been interested in the civilizations south of us and wondered how they and the eqyptians seemed to have similar structures.

With the weather turning cold and Tom having to go do some work on the newest rent house I really don't see much getting accomplished on the motorhome. 

I really doubt I get to use it much this year, he has limited time and more to do then he can get to.  I thought seriously about keeping the other one and using it this summer, but then knowing it was depreciating more daily and that I might not get another chance to sell it so easily I did.  But if I have no motorhome to use this year its going to make me very sad.  But I know it was the right thing to do.  You just don't pass up a chance like that when you need to sell it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom