Solar Panel Connector on Lance Camper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carolinacamper

I have an '02 Lance 1130. I'm looking to put a solar panel on the roof. I found the wiring plug on the refrigerator vent and red and white wiring bundle under the sink. The owner's manual explains that the mating half of the roof plug is included in the owner's packet. Since I'm not the original owner I don't have it. My question is does anyone know where I can find it on the internet rather than going through a Lance dealer. If anyone could respond with a link I would appreciate it.

I have a Lance-1181 ('08) and I had a solar panel and regulator installed at the Lance factory in California.  I haven't looked back since. 

Even in the 'liquid sunshine' of Oregon...my batteries stay nicely charged.  I've boondocked for a couple of  weeks and only had to fire up the generator for the AC unit...my little inverter handled all my appliances with ease.

I am now considering a wind-generator as well, since I spend a lot of time camped on the windy Oregon coast.

=Danny=

Can you post a picture of the half you have??  One of the electronic wizards here should be able to identify it from the picture and tell you where to get the half you need.

Well guess what? I found the plug in the packet from my dealer he gave me when I purchased it. It was bundled together with the extra camper pigtail plug. I just didn't know what it was 2 years ago. I mounted a 90 watt solar panel on top and installed MC4 connectors and plugged in at the fridge vent. I found the bundle from the roof in the undersink compartment as explained in the owners manual. I mounted my solar controller undersink on the back of the battery box. I also mounted auto transfer switch on the battery box under the controller. I also mounted a 1500 watt inverter vertical on the paneling adjacent to the oven also undersink. It is wired in the auto relay like a gen would. With the inverter on it powers all circuits and there is no backfeed in the shore line plug. My camper came gen. prepped so I used the compartment to mount 2 125 amp hour batteries and a 200 amp ANL fuse. The factory wiring was 2 guage to the undersink where I mounted a pos. and neg. terminal block using an ANL fuse holder. The output leads from the solar controller and the extra batteries to the main house battery are connected to the terminal block with the inverter. Also used another 200 amp fuse near the house battery. DC cables to inverter and all battery connections are 4 guage battery cables. I also had to kill the power to the charger part of the converter/distribution box. I simply removed the lower cover and found one set of spade connectors that had 120 volts. When I unplugged either wire it killed the charger output. Exactly what I needed for solar/battery power. So I mounted a toggle switch in the grill so when I'm on solar power it's off when I'm on shore power I can turn it back on. All in all everything worked very well. Will probally add another large solar panel later.

Thanks for the post!  I'd like to do a 'solar install' at some point, but don't have a clue what I'd be doing, so I may have to inquire about having the install done by someone who is an electrical wizard, compared to what I might know, which is minimal.  I have a 2010 990S Arctic Fox, which came "Solar prepared" so the majority of the wiring is done, with all kinds of 'spare' wires/connectors in the OEM battery box.

Again, thanks for the post!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom