Beginning the remodel - not a question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkhinch25

HI, I'm pretty new to this and am really enjoying perusing other people's postings - as well as having already received some solid help. I thought I'd post some photos of my own unit. I'll add some exterior shots later and pics as we work through our project. It is a 1988 Georgie Boy Encounter Class A. If I remember correctly, its 34' with a Ford 460 engine.

I do not think I have a big job here thankfully. The prior owner pulled out the dinette and replaced with a breakfast bar type thing. Really not a bad idea - it added more open space, but I have 4 kids and am interested in maximizing seat belt-able space and the bar stools had the potential to be real heavy projectiles in an accident. I happened upon a guy scrapping out a similar Georgie Boy and picked up a few things - including a dinette that is not in bad shape matches.

The prior owner had also begun a master bed project. I need to determine what I want in there. Other than that its needs are fairly straight forward - beautify the space above the driver, find a fuel pump for the generator or rebuild (hopefully that's the problem), install the a/c units and bath vent that the seller said work (he replaces the roof with rubber), install a radio and run speaker wire, and narrow down an electrical issue that seems to most likely be the battery switches for chassis/coach.

Here are some pics. I included a close up of the TV mount because I've seen a few posts regarding TV installs and I felt the prior owner's solution was quite creative. When not in use it folds upward and is held in that position by a bungee (I swear, it looks better than it sounds). I pulled out the piece to the right of the tv to adapt and install a dvd player. I also really like the Chrysler Town and Country seats - very comfy and supportive. The rear one even has the lazy-boy style foot rest.

Attachments

• 100_1619.JPG
    100_1619.JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 252
  • 100_1620.JPG
    100_1620.JPG
    236.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 100_1621.JPG
    100_1621.JPG
    234.6 KB · Views: 197
  • 100_1622.JPG
    100_1622.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 100_1624.JPG
    100_1624.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 229
  • 100_1625.JPG
    100_1625.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 210
Well, we made a lot of progress prior to March thanks to the unseasonably warm MI winter. The project is not complete, but it was good enough to enjoy a trip from SW Michigan to the Smokies and on to Myrtle Beach.

Below are a few updated photos of the remodel, mostly during the trip.

The dinette I found in a salvage unit worked wonderfully. I pulled out a storage container and mounted a mini-fold out table which worked great - especially since the dinette wouldn't fit 6. I'm still debating whether to install the bunk over the queen bed; but for now a panel laid over the two passenger captains seats worked great to fit us. And, as evidenced unfortunately in the exterior shot by the duct tape, I did find an invisible tree in my brother in law's drive way in SC.

It spit and fought itself up the mountains - I did change the thermostat in a wayside while the family ate breakfast one morning - and it certainly used or leaked its fair share of oil - but we made it in and had a blast.

Attachments

• bed 1.jpg
    bed 1.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 125
  • beds.jpg
    beds.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 119
  • dinette.jpg
    dinette.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 108
  • dinette2.jpg
    dinette2.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 123
  • hall.jpg
    hall.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 111
  • exterior.jpg
    exterior.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 116
  • mini.jpg
    mini.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 112
  • mountain view TN.jpg
    mountain view TN.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 90
Looks like ya'll had a wonderful time.  Nice little bar, does the job.  Looks like you made the RV your own and I hope you and your family have many more wonderful trips in it.

Robin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asteg1000
Back
Top Bottom