EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Guns - the rest of the story  (Read 1372 times)

Oldgator73

• ---
Re: Guns - the rest of the story
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2018, 07:49:54 PM »
There ya go ^^^^^ I fixed that for you!  You're Welcome!   ;D

I would posit you doubled you best time to make your post more believable. To stay in the realm of the thread; maybe you have a bit of the hair trigger.
Retired Air Force
2016 Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier

ZinLuvR

• ---
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2018, 07:54:44 PM »
This is an important topic.  We, most of us, travel from state to state.  Both myself and DW have concealed carry permits.  But each state is different.  Our carry handguns are not legal in the state of California, and probably in a few more enlightened states.  We hope we never get in a position where we have to use them.  But we have pulled into parks late at night.  In the morning we realize it probably wasn't the best place to be.  At sunrise we find we are in the middle of what can only be described as a white trash trailer park and some looky-loos are checking things out.  No offense.  Some of those that prefer to take from others might see a 45 ft. class A as an opportunity.  So, before entering a state and you're carrying firearms, it's good to check that states list of illegal weapons.  Personal protection is a very important topic and something to think about should you find yourself broke down out in the middle of nowhere and no cell service.
2009 Monaco Dynasty Regal IV
45ft., tag axle, ISM500
2016 Explorer toad

Alaskansnowbirds

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2018, 08:55:55 PM »
oh gosh.. I will have to go see a Disney movie now to get that vision out of my mind.. LOL
From some of the Disney previews I've seen lately you may have two visions to get out of your mind.
Don & Peg
Alaska/Arizona
Currently located here.
Weather at Camp Verde, AZ.

catblaster

• ---
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2018, 09:16:03 PM »
Keep in mind that many people who are very well trained are unable to pull the trigger when the chips are down.  No mater how confident or well trained you are if you can't pull the trigger you might as well not have the firearm.

and you dont know until that time arrives, an old saying "terror comes suddenly" fits well. I know of one situation where the shooter remained confident and took the threat head on, while his wife began screaming hysterically. At the end she was still screaming so he promptly told her to "Just shut UP"...it worked.
Will and Jane
95 Winnebago Luxor

signcut

• ---
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2018, 11:09:14 PM »
Keep in mind that many people who are very well trained are unable to pull the trigger when the chips are down.  No mater how confident or well trained you are if you can't pull the trigger you might as well not have the firearm.

Unfortunately, the only way to really know how you're going to react in those situations... is to be in one. I have seen the tough guys lose it, and the quiet guys step up, and vice versa. Knowing something about your own attitudes and perspectives on such a situation before starting out can help, but only to a degree...

Memtb

• ---
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2018, 11:01:57 AM »
    I’d probably have to tell mine....you can stop shoot’n now!   ;D
Todd and Marianne
Home Base: Winchester, Wy.
Miniature Schnauzers - Sundai, Nellie and Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500,  6.7 Ram 6 speed manual, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom
2007 Bigfoot Class C

gravesdiesel

• ---
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2018, 12:45:09 PM »
This is an important topic.  We, most of us, travel from state to state.  Both myself and DW have concealed carry permits.  But each state is different.  Our carry handguns are not legal in the state of California, and probably in a few more enlightened states.  We hope we never get in a position where we have to use them.  But we have pulled into parks late at night.  In the morning we realize it probably wasn't the best place to be.  At sunrise we find we are in the middle of what can only be described as a white trash trailer park and some looky-loos are checking things out.  No offense.  Some of those that prefer to take from others might see a 45 ft. class A as an opportunity.  So, before entering a state and you're carrying firearms, it's good to check that states list of illegal weapons.  Personal protection is a very important topic and something to think about should you find yourself broke down out in the middle of nowhere and no cell service.

EXACTLY!!  Well said!
2016 KZ Spree 262 RKS
2003 Dodge 3500 4 door flatbed 4x4 diesel, 6 speed
1996 Dodge 3500 extra cab flatbed 4x4 diesel 5 speed
2006 Arctic Cat TRV diesel 4x4 ATV
(2) 1981 Yamaha G1 2 cycle golf carts
Many other diesels on the farm!