Post a joke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lavarock1210 said:
When I was working for the I&SE department of General Electric we had a set of catalogs that listed everything General Electric made and many of our large customers also had a set of the catalogs.  There were over 20 books that each was about 3-4 inches thick.

But item number HBK-8359 page 801 was very interesting.

I can attest that this was for real and some engineer at General Electric was able to insert the
Turboencabulator into the GE catalog.  This was back in 1962.

I can stand up for that 1962 date.  On my first day in the Missile Launch Officers basic instruction course in 1963 the instructor played a 16MM film of Bud Haggert doing his Turbo Encabulator routine.  The instructor gave us no introduction to the film and when it ended he simply said, "I hope you all took notes on that device because it will be on the final exam."  Talk about groans until he finally let us know it was all a joke.  There was a similar one on the Guidance and Control Unit but I can't find it on YouTube.

Bill

A man in his mid seventies married a you women in her twenties. His friend questioned him. She is so young and beautiful how did  you manage that? The old boy replied I told her I was ninety.

What was the name of the French guy who invented beach sandals?

Phillipe Phillope

Fred and Ethel, an elderly couple were walking through the county fair and Fred see's a sign for helicopter rides. Well he grabs Ethel's hand and nearly drags her over to the sign and says "Ethel, I'm 74 years old and I don't know how many more years I have on this earth but I've always wanted to take a helicopter ride. What do you think?" Ethel looks over and sees the sign says it's fifty dollars for a 15 minute ride. She says "Why Fred, I understand it's something you've always wanted to do, but Fred, FIFTY DOLLARS IS FIFTY DOLLARS." Disappointed, Fred put his head down and they continue on their way.

The next year, Same Fair, they are walking along and there the helicopter ride is a gain. Fred pleads his case again, pointing out that he's 75 and could die any day and no one would be surprised given his age. But again, Ethel responds with "Fred, FIFTY DOLLARS IS FIFTY DOLLARS."

The following year, same county fair and Fred and Ethel are walking along and Fred see's the ride but doesn't say a word until they get right next to were the line starts if there were one. The pilot is checking the oil on the copter and Fred starts in but this time, he's really making an argument and not taking no for an answer. Well the pilot hears all this back and forth and walks over to them and says "I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll take you both up and give you a 15 minute ride. If you both can be totally silent the entire time until we touch down again, it will be absolutely free. If either of you makes a peep, I'll charge you $50 for the both of you which is still half off! What do your think?"

Well Ethel's got no options now so they both get in the helicopter and the pilot takes them up for a nice leisurely ride around the county and with about 4 minutes left in their 15 minute ride, he starts giving them a much more acrobatic ride, swinging from side to side, flying forward fast then standing the helicopter up on it's nose as it comes to a quick stop. Not a sound out of the back of the helicopter. So the pilot sets the copter down and says "I can't believe you two stayed totally quiet back there" and as he turns around, realizes Ethel's no where to be seen! "Where's Ethel" he asks?

Fred says "We'll she fell out about the third time you did that side to side maneuver but fifty dollars is fifty dollars!"

There is an advantage to getting old.  Your memory is not so good.

I had read the helicopter Joke before but it was not until the last line I realized I had heard the Joke.  Just makes the Joke that much better.

I can also re watch movies a couple months later and enjoy them like it was the first time I have seen the movie.

lavarock1210 said:

I had read the helicopter Joke before but it was not until the last line I realized I had heard the Joke.  Just makes the Joke that much better.

I can also re watch movies a couple months later and enjoy them like it was the first time I have seen the movie.
Didn't you say this before? ;)

lavarock1210 said:

My son loves to tease me about the fact that I rented "Shawshank Redemption" three times before I realized I had seen it before.

Punomatic said:
My son loves to tease me about the fact that I rented "Shawshank Redemption" three times before I realized I had seen it before.

We purchase most of our books at the Goodwill or Ollies. After we get them home and start reading, more often than I would like once I get few pages in I realize I have already some.

Oldgator73 said:
We purchase most of our books at the Goodwill or Ollies. After we get them home and start reading, more often than I would like once I get few pages in I realize I have already some.
That happens to me too but it's ok, I forgot how it ended anyway.

Helvetica and Times New Roman walk into a bar.

Get out of there, shouts the bartender.
We dont serve your type. ;)

A guy gets a ticket to the Super Bowl but finds he?s in the nosebleed section. He spots an empty seat on the 50-yard line, runs down, and claims it. ?What a view!? he says to the elderly man seated next to him. ?Why would anyone pass this up??
?It?s my wife?s,? says the older man. ?We?ve gone to every Super Bowl since we were married, but she passed away.?
?I?m so sorry. But couldn?t you find a friend to come with you??
The older man shakes his head. ?They?re all at the funeral.?

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/53855848_2355415277804135_8875404528246063104_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=43aafc94ccebf06764c2e0317c0c2c7f&oe=5D1462C7

A PSA for the ladies.

When seeking a man, a good indicator is how dogs react to him.

For example, if the Police K9 is biting him he may not be the ideal choice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom